Orandas' Beating My Bubblefish To The Dinner Table

Guest Oranda Man

Guest Oranda Man

Ok, so in my tank I have 2 Orandas and a bubblefish, and it seems as though the bubblefish is just not making it to the dinner table in time. Any suggestions for feeding him?

Guest sourmilknightmares

Well I had just written a nice long message but my idiot brother managed to delete it all...

Is your bubbefish a bubble eye? If so you might want to think of getting him his own tank. Orandas are faster and more aggressive than bubble eyes. They will be able to reach the food faster and gobble everything up before Mr. Bubble Eye gets a chance. If you can't get him his own tank, even just a ten gallon, try to teach your bubble eye to eat out of your hand. Another option would be to place the food in more than one place so that hopefully the orandas will all go to one area of the food allowing your Bubble Eye to get to the other. I've heard turning out the light when you feed helps too because then all of the fish are 'blind' and have to find the food by smell, giving the bubble eye a better chance of finding some. Hope this helps!

Guest Oranda Man

That's a great idea! Maybe I will try to put some of the food in on the left side of the tank and let to Oranda's go after it, then put some on the right side after they zoom left for Mr.Bubble Eye. Let's see if this works!!!!

Archived