New Tanks

Guest lenny165

Guest lenny165

I'm in need of a new tank thanks to you all i realized my tank is to small 25 gal is about all i can handle. which is better glass or acrylic, what about the ecylpse any infor would help :blink:

If you have five fish your going to need a bigger tank hun, 25 is better then nothing, but still, you might have to start thinging about getting rid of some fish. Are they all gold fish?

And glass IMO is usually better then acrylic, doesnt get as gummed up as easily. I have an acrylic and its nothing but scratches and weird cloudyness that wont come off. Never again will i get an acrylic.

I have an Eclipse tank for a counter in the kitchen. For what it is, it is a fine system.

I have found, though, that the filter system design makes it difficult to add bio-media. In the one I have, the tank depends totally on the bio-wheel for its colonies of beneficial bacteria. I have added baggies of media stacked on top of the filter cartridge and a bag in the bottom of the tank, but I have not been able to build the cycle robustly enough to support anything more than one medium-large fish in my tank. There is no place to hang an extra filter or anything, unless you lift the light lid - which I have done on occasion. This totally ruins the line of the tank, as well as compromises the lighting.

I have had great success in ordering replacement parts - the company even sent me a whole new pump/filter for free when the original one quit after only 1 year, but it is a fixed system. It is somewhat difficult to properly clean, also.

I would not buy another Eclipse, were I to chose. I like being able to change things too much.

I like the tank because it has a small footprint, yet relatively large volume.

:)

Guest lenny165

Thanks guys yes I'm going down to three the two small pop bellies whatever they are and the goldi with the round belly, give me time I'm real new to this my grandaughter 16 dragged the goldi home from Phillidelphia from a vacation with a friend here to Michigan that's how this whole thing got started. She lives with me and I kicked and fussed and now I'm in love and want to take care of them well. :wub:

Archived