Rip My Little Guy

Guest Misty's_Fantails

Guest Misty's_Fantails

This morning i went to the bathroom and my 4 yr old ran in to tell me my 3yr old was messing w; the fish by the time i about broke the tolite and ran in it was too late my poor little guy had his fins tore off. he was alive but not for long. Im so upset at my son but i dont know what to do. I sent him to his room. id like to think they know better than to mess with the fish but at 3 and 4yrs its hard. i told a good friend of mine about the passing of my little boy Luka. She breeds bettas and siad she has a male very similar to my Luka and let me have him along w/ a better tank. the tank he was in had no lid.

Im so sorry this happend to you my dear Luka your in a better place now with out little kids to get you any more.

I never thought i would cry so much over a fish.

photo_023.jpg

Awww I'm so sorry about Luka. :( I'm sure your son didn't mean to hurt him though. At that age the what will happen if I do this thing is just to strong to think about the results of it. It will be a lot better now that you have a tank with a lid and I'm sure he now knows something bad can happen. :(:hug

:cry1 How awful....I'm so sorry for the loss of Luka. Children at that age kind of understand,but not totally.They have no idea of what consequences are.Even with a lid on a new tank,I would strongly advise you to move it out of his reach. I feel bad-we don't often think about things like that happening,but with small children,it's better to imagine the worse & not give them the opportunity. :hug

poor guy... i tried to give a betta a bath when i was little.... :/

and then the next one i tried to take swimming with me in the pool....

Guest Misty's_Fantails

The new tank will be far out of reach. I keep having to remind myself he is just 3 yrs old. I was boiling mad. he ran in his room and hid for a little while. he knew he was in trouble the second i cam flying into the living room. The sad thing is i was on my way to the bathroom and looked at the 10g hex and was debating putting him in there to not have a fishless cycle and figured id do it when i was out of the bathroom. :cry1

:(

These things happen.. if nothing else, sometimes we just have to chalk them up to Learning Experiences :crp

Don't worry about your betta baby, though, because Luka is in very good hands with my fish in the big fish playland, and he will have a ton to eat so he's never tempted to nip anyone else's fins ;) , and everyone gets along because there's so much room up there, and the water quality's perfect! :exactly

Sending good fishy thoughts your way for your new little one. :heart

Guest Misty's_Fantails

i think shes shipping to me today Im pretty excited Im trying not to be but still a bit of me is excited to get the tropicals but ill never replace* Luka even ife i get one that looks like him.

Guest Misty's_Fantails

im a bit better today i did wake up and try to feed him, i hadnt taken down his tank, but now its gone and his plant is residing in another tank. I still cant quite understand how i got so emotional over fish. i guess i love my fish more than i thought.

Guest Esareh

It must be Opaue death week. I just lost one that looks very similar to him. Im so sorry about Luka. :cry1 Mabye thier both swimming around together.

Archived