Sour Peas!

Guest IluvMyBuddy

Guest IluvMyBuddy

I was just feeding my goldfish, Buddy,about 2 years old some peas..while i was de-skinning it i realzed thatthe peas had a funny smell..THEY HAD GONE SOUR!! WHAT DO I DO?? HOW WILL IT AFFECT MY FISH? WILL IT BE OKAY??!! I'M IN A PANIC!! :scared

If you think the peas have gone bad, do not feed them to him anymore. If he has eaten food that is spoiled, he may bet upset tummy - fermenting food can cause gas in his intestines and make him susceptible to temperary floaty-ness.

If you fed him enough that you think that there may be a problem , perhaps I would suggest either fasting him for a bit to make sure he clears his system, and/or feeding him some other green food that will travel through him quickly to clean him out (good peas, green leaves,). You could even tuck a crystal of epsom salt into a good pea - this will help purge his gut quickly. :)

Guest IluvMyBuddy

i'll be sure to try your methods...do you think i should clean out his tank?? I did a 25% water change just yesturday...but i'm afraid that the spoiled peas might have contaminated the water...

There is little or nothing the peas could impart to the water - as long as you did not leave them in there to rot. Clean the tank and vacumn out any uneaten peas and all should be good. :)

Archived