Uv Sterilizers

lcwinne

Do most of the uv's exit tubes hang in the water? Is there a basket-like cover for them? I'm afraid one of my plecos' might climb inside.

I expect you can configure most of them in any fashion you wish - even making it waterfall back into the tank from above the surface. But if the pump is pumping water out of the tube - would the pleco swim upsteam into it? It is true - it is not a strong flow......

It would be just as easy to stretch a tiny bit of nylon netting or panty hose over the opening fastened with a rubber band or zip tie, too.

:)

Thanks Daryl,

Finally have the 9watt hooked up to the 55g and all i could think of is my hong kong plecos getting inside. Not to mention one of my clowns(they are still small) They all like to hide & that would be a really good place for them to get into. If I didn't know it and they made their way down to the glass tube, they might die in there. :unsure:

Oh man! :o I NEVER thought of that! All this time, if my power had gone out, my dojo would have had easy access into my UV unit! :scared

I would do as carol suggested and set the return up so that it sits above the water surface. Or, you could try to find one of these:

Diffuser

Whew! Am I glad that you brought his up. Now, to go find an intake grid to put over the return outlet on my UV................... B)

Archived