What Does This Mean?

Guest goldenmom

Guest goldenmom

Hi,

Tonight I noticed my Oranda's poo floating from between the rocks in the aquarium, and am confused as to whether or not it's normal. I fed her Medigold tonight for the first time, and the poo is about 5 or 6 inches long, thick at the top for about an inch, and then about 4 inches or so of very thin. It looks to be the same color as her food. The reason I am asking is because I am fighting some other problems with her such as that cottony fungus and stress from a newly cycling tank. She is on the bottom of my tank tonight and only swims once in awhile for a short time. Does this sound like a normal poo or could it signify another problem? Thanks.

Lynn :)

:lol: It sounds like maybe you've been feeding too much! :ignore:lol: Hey,I'm just happy it's not white & stringy! Sometimes that does happen. Hey Lynn,just so we are all on the same page with information,keep questions in the same post you're running right now. That way it's easier to see everything that's going on with your fish! ;)

Guest goldenmom

Hey, Sharon,

Thank goodness, some good news for a change! It isn't anything serious. Yay!!!! I didn't think this came under the 'emergency' category, so I posted over here. I'm almost embarrassed as long as that other thread has gotten. So, do you want me to continue posting Margaret's progress over here instead of the other forum? I just want to do the right thing so I don't aggravate anyone or break any rules. Thanks, again, Sharon, I appreciate it.

Lynn :)

:D No problem Hun. For now,I would stick to the original thread.That way all info is all together.When we feel that its out of the emergency time we'll move it.Dont worry about the length.It goes until we help you! ;)

Guest IluvMyBuddy

it just sounds like your fishy is constipated. have you tried feeding it peas or fasting it? koko's website should fill you in good with information on fish poop and how to treat constipation. I hope your fish is doing well!

Archived