I Need A Rubber Or Bristle Nose Pleco

grain

I'm willing to get one shipped to me as a last resort...but I'd rather try and find one locally.

The local wal mart, and the local pet stores only have common plecos. I took a long drive up to vvvvv today, and they had plecos, but they didn't know what kind they were (and i didn't see any bristles) so i just assumed they were commons and played it safe and didn't get one. Then I stopped at pet co, and they only had commons on hand.

Anyone from the south west Pennsylvania area have any suggestions for me? I know a few of you are from pittsburgh, I live about an hour south of there.

-or does anyone else know any place online that would ship them?

:listen:

mmm never has anything around here. :blink: vvvv are where I found the Rubberlips. They told me that they order them regularly,but not a large number of them. I would call your closest vvvv,and ask to speak to the person that orders the fish. If thats not possible for whatever reason,the next step would be someone in the fish dept. They may not have a clue,but they can at least tell you when their fish orders are delivered.They do them the same day weekly. Seems like most people I've talked to got theirs from vvvv no matter where their area was,and they were cheap, like 3.99? I was surprised.(They were small though)

Yeah they should have them at vvvv. It's waaaaay better than mmm, which I confirmed today. Only goldfish they had were one or two ryukins mixed in with about 500 feeders, and they all looked sick. No selection, and they don't even care about their fish. I saw five dead feeder fish in the sink. Sorry about the rant. If not that, you can buy a bristlenose from aquabid.com or liveaquaria.com. Happy hunting! :D

mmm never has anything around here. :blink: vvvv are where I found the Rubberlips. They told me that they order them regularly,but not a large number of them. I would call your closest vvvv,and ask to speak to the person that orders the fish. If thats not possible for whatever reason,the next step would be  someone in the fish dept. They may not have a clue,but they can at least tell you when their fish orders are delivered.They do them the same day weekly. Seems like most people I've talked to got theirs from vvvv no matter where their area was,and they were cheap, like 3.99? I was surprised.(They were small though)

320480[/snapback]

thank you. which vvvvv did you go to? i went to the one by century III (west mifflin) and i saw a few that might have been rubbernose, but the little tag didn't specify, it just said pleco, and the girl didn't even know there was different kinds, but she did go look in their book and she said it just said pleco as well... but i will call them tomorrow and try to talk to the fish person like you said.

Oh,if they're marked Pleco,that's what they definately were.vvvv's pretty good with those anywaythey mark them good-it's the cory cats that confuse them sometimes.But hey,there are so many of those that even I get confused! :lol: I can't remember for sure -I went to either the vvvv in Monroeville,or the Cranberry one(Sorry it was a while ago) Anyway-thats the only place I usually see them.Place called Elmer's Sometimes has the Bristles-Albino's & regulars.Not all the time though---They're in Monroeville too.

:( Sorry,but cory's won't really do much for that. I know that some people keep cory's in their tanks,but it's not really recommended. I actually have one smaller tank with goldies and cory's but Im always afraid that big Piggie Marmalade is going to accidently swallow one! :blink: For algae & goldies,there's nothing better than a Bristlenose or Rubberlip. :rolleyes:

yeah, i remember that picture of a cory stuck in someone's goldie's mouth....that would just be scary!!

i guess i'll have to search around till i find a pleco

Archived