My Goldfish Likes American Idol!

Guest Dawn Hunley

Guest Dawn Hunley

I don't know if a fish can really hear, or how much or far off a fish can see, but I noticed that while I was watching American Idol on TV last night, I noticed that my Oranda "Goldie" was at the corner of the tank, looking straight at the TV and wiggling at the TV while one of the contestance was singing. :rofl My husband turned up the television and she started wiggling faster. It was hillarious. :D

Guest Dawn Hunley

Well even when the volume is turned down, she watches television. It's like when she sees something on the TV that she likes, she goes to that side of the tank and watches and wiggles at the same time. She never shows signs of being stressed out. You can tell she is enjoying whatever it is she is doing because she becomes so animated. :wub:

Guest PenelopeFish

I can imagine that watching TV can be like watching human, if you're a fish. I'm not surprised that she gets excited.

PeneopeFish :heart

I have a major load stereo in my room. does it bother the fish if it vibrates the tank. my fish dont mind but i dont want to stress them out.

My fish swim up againist the class when someone comes in the room. Once they notice me they wiggle faster

Guest Dawn Hunley

I never overload the sound on my TV. I don't want to take the chance of stressing her out, but it was just funny watching her wiggle as she watched the TV. I never really thought that she could even see that far away! As far as the Vibrations of the tank water....I don't know what is too loud and what is not!

Archived