White Growth/spot On Face!

Guest funkymedina

Guest funkymedina

So I have posted here before about my fishie, Spot. He made it through dropsy once and now has a wacko swimbladder - he floats on anything but spirulina flakes. I find him always resting underneath the airstone I have in the tank (it sits at an angle) I think to support himself so he doesnt bob around. When he tries to swim for food he has to swim around in spirals to go up or down :(

Anyway, when I woke up this morning I noticed that he has this white spot on his face inbetween a fold where his wen meets his cheeks. I tried to take a picture of it but he wouldn't sit still long enough.

www.personal.kent.edu/~rejohnso/spotone.jpg

www.personal.kent.edu/~rejohnso/spot2.jpg

it kind of looks like a little seed of some sort.

I tested the water:

ammonia: 0

nitrite: 0

nitrate: 0

ph: 7.2

I'm currently cycling a 40 gallon so I can move him and his buddy into it (they are currently in a 20 gallon with a Marineland 170/180 [whichever # it is] biowheel filter)

sorry the pictures aren't the clearest but it's the best I could do :/ is it a fungus?

Sorry to hear about your little fish. I can't see the pictures. So I will wing it.

A fish that survives Dropsy always has continuing issues, they will never be "right" again. THe disease does to much damage to their organs, especially the kidneys.

So this fish will always have special needs. A warmer temp., usually around 78-80. Foods that decrease the "floats", and a pristine water quality.

I am not sure what the white spot is, I do know that it can be just wen growth, fungus or a parasite. Is the fish doing anything else? I would watch it a day and see if it gets bigger or goes away.

Guest funkymedina

he's not really doing anything else out of the ordinary at the moment... what does new wen growth look like? this kinda looks like a seed in a way, almost like a strawberry seed except white. like a pimple? it doesn't look fuzzy. i'm just always worried something else is gonna happen to the poor lil' bugger!

Does it look like this? It's above my Goldies eye. Like a 'white pimple'. I was told that it was Wen growth when I asked the same question a year ago. It will fall off and go away in about a week. Not to worry. It's just wen growth.

My goldfish with a spot like your goldfish

Archived