Puffers Anyone?

No, but once I saw them, i feel in love :heart They are sooo cute. I was tempted to get a figure eight puffer, only because their a bit larger then the two I have, but their rather aggressive, and arent recommended to be put in with other fish, or usually other puffers. I have seen them together, but they always looks rather beat up. The two puffers I have are drawf puffers. Their soo cute. They dont get very big. Only a couple of inches, but they are soo cute. I choose them because they do well with other tropicals. Ive had a hard time finding them, but when i did i had to get them. They only eat frozen foods. Half of one of the small blocks every two days. I just cant resist them... their soooo cute. I always said i would never get one, but once I saw these two up close, I just couldnt resist.

i keep a 8in nile puffer (had him since he 1in) and two 1.5in spotted puffers both are adorable in there own ways

Padda the nile puffer is my joint fav pet (along with ceaser my black/bronze ranchu) when i get home he swims up to the glass and greets me with a feed me dance untill i hand feed him,

the spotted puffers (in my opinion) dont have as much personality but are very very cute, these guys are a lot more friendly to tank mates (then Padda) they need salt in there water and adults go marine, and they just look so good,

I absolutely LOVE dwarf puffers!! I fell in love with them 2 years ago (at the time they were still really rare?had just begun to be imported to the US). At one time I had a lot of them in my 30 gallon. I lost all of them to a disease and it just broke my heart. They were all trained to hand feed, which was amazing for wild caught fish. Now they have begun to captive raise them, which is great.

I currently have just one little guy left, affectionately called Poof. I think I will get him a friend or two but we havent had them in for a long time. And as the demand goes up they have gotten much more expensive.

Their little puff beaks are always growing so they need hard food to eat to keep it worn down. I raise small pond snails (Physid species) and ramshorns (Planorbis species). Malaysian livebearing snails are too hard and can break their beaks.

They also do well with live blackworms and occasionally frozen bloodworms.

Fig 8s are great as well. At work I feed them snails and large ghost shrimp as well as worms. They do get large and aggressive and are brackish, not freshwater. Most of the brackish puffs too turn completely marine by the time they are adults.

The Puffer Net is a great puffer website. :heart my puffers!!

Archived