Fave Way Of Getting Fish?

ryukingirl793

Which way do you prefer for purchasing fish?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which way do you prefer for purchasing fish?

• Mail order.
    • Breeder.
    • Pet store.
    • From a friend.
    • Breed your own.
    • Other (please specify).

I have only gotten them from a pet store. In fact I got a new blue oranda today that is absolutely precious! :heart Sometimes I go in and leave empty handed but every now and then I find one that is a must have.

I have never mail ordered because the shipping is so expensive. :(

I wouldn't even know where to begin on the breeding thing....well I know where it begins :ignore:rofl I just don't know about the taking care of fry. :lol:

I like rescues. The ones people bring back to the store becuase their "tired" of cleaning the bowl. *grrr* how many times must i tell them 10 tiny commons CANT live in a bowl.... i dont care about their fung shuey (how ever you spell it)

Pet store because I have no choice - there are no breeders around here. Mind you, I like to take home the 'rescues' from pet store tanks.

A miserable little fish covered in ich and cowering by himself in a corner of the store tank can blossom into a big, beautiful, confident goldfish later on, given a chance and a little TLC. :)

I like petstores because theyre just little reject fish that I feel sorry for, and I take care of things! Plus, as emma said, I like to watch them blosssom into happy healthy fish!

Im not happy if I dont have things needing my care!

I voted for pet store, though only one of my fish, San, came from a specific pet store, the other three I originally had I bought at nnnnnn, one of which, Saorise, because he was deformed but I wanted him to have a chance. Like Emma and Smack said: its amazing how a hurt goldfish can easily turn into a beautiful one with just some extra attention.

Most of my fish are rescues :) Its always spur of the moment "Oh my God...I need that fish" type thing. Sometimes they do die because of the poor conditions they were living in, but sometimes I'm able to help them get better and grow big and beautiful! I just "rescued" a comet from a carnival..he was sick but now he's almost better and I can't wait for him to grow big and strong! :D

most of mine are rescues too... one was returned to the shop i work at for being a 'bully'... he's a total sweetie and wouldnt hurt a fly... and the others are just little sickies at work i fall for and bring home

Guest calico4

I buy all mine from pet stores. I dont buy online because they get stressed out and they might die during the shipping. I would like to get some pretty fish from breeders but i dont know any around here.

-calico

I don't but fish that often but when I do, I usually get them from wholesale breeders. They have loads of fish and they're cheap (and the fish are very nice).

Slugger

Guest Esareh

I chose other. I get them by accedent. la la la. walking through vvvv getting dog toys. awwwww look at that calico fish, hmm, it says oranda. hmm. mom? ill buy it my self! cosmoe, my first oranda. He was in a 2.5 gallon for like a week. i was so slow. ive changed so much.

it is such a great feeling when you put the babies in with mum and dad. plus closed community tanks are resistant to flukes. it is good to get one from the pet store but its just constant paranoia even after the quarentene just incase they have something they might spread to the others. grow your own all the way. if only we had a breeder near by though... probably a bad idea. we wouldnt be able to move for all the tanks!! :rofl

Most of mine came from the petstore except Chubs and Greedy, they are from a breeders up in Portland that I bought my 4 Yamabuki Butterfly from. He had a tank inside with a sale sign on it, and by the time I went to pay for my purchases, he gave me Chubs & Greedy..... :)

Archived