*question*

I just got two new common goldfish (Boodobo and Boodoba) and I have them in a seprate 25 gallon tank away from my fancy goldfish, and I was wondering if there would be any problems with common goldfish sharing an environment with fancies. I have a ranchu, a moor, a fantail, and a bubble eye in a new 100 gallon tank(for the record)

Thanks for any replies :heart

Id say no, because of the bubble eye and moor. If it was the fatser moving fancies, then it wouldnt be a huge problem, but with the sight impared fish, especially the delicate bubble eye, i wouldnt do it. to much compitition for food, and the bubble eye imo would be a huge risk.

I think MegCarroll has a good point. I think the fantail probably will be just fine, the ranchu, and even possibly the moor might be able to deal well with the fast commons, particularly if you carefully oversee the food consumption. But the bubble eye is going to be greatly handicapped and really will not do well in that large tank.

A bubble eye really needs a carefully constructed tank - with little or no decorations to struggle with, carefully selected plants, a special filter intake cover, and other considerations. They do not swim efficiantly nor do they find food well. The commons would run roughshod over such a delicate fish.

Perhaps your bubble eye would do well in the 20 either by itself or with the moor as a companion, and the others can swim up a storm in that gorgeously big 100 gallon tank! :)

I didnt realize commons were such fast fish :exactly I think ill put the moor and bubble eye as companions in the 25 gallon and the commons with my ranchu and my fantail in the 100 gallon for more room :exactly thanks everyone :heart

Archived