Plecos

lcwinne

Can you mix pleco breeds together in one tank?

I'm thinking more on the lines of clowns, bristlenose and/or rubber noses

yes you can but some can get territorial depending on space. how big is the tank? you will have to have lots of caves for them spread through the tank.

140gallons. 48'Lx24'dx23'H(after gravel). I have 2 clown fish now in my 55 that will move with my goldies (after cycling) but I don't know if the 2 will be able to handle the whole tank. They aren't doing that good of a job on my 55g. I have found a lfs that has a bristle female ( the males were already sold).

Trying to look ahead for when I start moving everyone.

i have a female bristle and a gold spot in my 34 gallon and they arent making much impression on the tank glass. i cant get another as there isnt the space, so i reckon you could get 4 smallish sized ones?? not sure though, hope someone can help.

Koko,

I thought clown pleco's were okay with goldfish! Oh no :unsure: ....they are the only pleco's I have right now that eat the algea (and not very well, I might add).

• Admin

Sorry hun when I see clown I see Clown Loach, :please forgive me.....yes they will work hun :D

Just make sure the tank temp is 75-80F :D

Oh good. You had me worried there for a moment. :D

I haven't found too many shops, around my area, that have goldfish safe pleco's. I only just found this one that has a(1) Bushy Nose (supposed to be the same as bristlenose) pleco. We were there today and it looks like she is still there. Good sized about...hmmm... maybe 3". Didn't know if she would get along with my 2 clowns to be able to put them together in my new tank.

My tank I have kept at about 76* Is that okay? They seem to be fairing just fine.

:) I have Clown Pleco's & Bristlenoses in two different tanks.I've never had a problem with them at all.As long as you have hidey holes/space for each to have their own terretory,they seem to work fine together. :D

Thanks Dev's

I think I may go back and buy the bushynose if they still have have her when I get there.

Archived