Help My Fish Please!

Guest viragame

Guest viragame

My goldfish, who was perfectly fine this weekend, didn't eat yesterday. He is a small 1.5 inch goldfish who lives in a 5 gallon tank with another 1.5 inch fish. He didn't eat his flake food yesterday and this morning he was laying at the bottom of the tank and looks like his tail is bend at a 90 degree angle. He is breathing and tries to swim but can't do it for long....

Please help me, i am very worried about my fish...

I forgot to include that this tank is a closed tank that has rock flitration and a top filter.

thank you, please resond soon.

First of all welcome to the site. YOu will find alot of information to help you to take care of gf and to love this hobby. It can be alot of work but very rewarding.

I will start by explaining that gf need 10 gal of water each, so you are overstocked. GF are very messy and produce alot of waste that turns into ammonia and kills them.

My instinct tells me that this is probably what is going on.

First thing to do is to test for ammonia, nitrites, nitrates and PH. This is a base line to tell you if there is problems with the water quality the fish are living in.

If you don't have tests then the local fish store can test it for free, just have them write down the results and bring them to post here.

Until you can test, do an immediate water change of 50%. Make sure the water you add is the same temp as the water in the tank. Also use a water conditioner.

Post back soon.

hi

could you fill in as much of the box above as you can please. do a 50% water change using dechlorinator and add some aquarium salt just now, 1 teaspoon per gallon and then 12 hours later do the same again. usually though when they start to curl over, its nearly the end,sorry.

Archived