Eggs!

smack536

Congrats!

What I would do is definitely take them off the hood. It's only too likely that they'll fall off. What I do is take a credit card (or something else that's rigid and thin) and slide it under them to get them off. Then I will either float them on clean Styrofoam, or lately I've been putting them in a hairnet, which I've taped to the side. You can float them on just about anything. Either way, keep them out of the water.

:rolleyes: Congrats!! Well,I have floated them on styrofoam,but I've had better luck moistening a paper towel with tank water(moist not wet)laying the eggs on top then placing them in a margarine container,and slicing air holes in the top of the lid.You have to make sure the paper towel has enough moistness to keep the container somewhat humid,but not dripping wet.Place it on top of your tank lights,or somewhere warm(not hot),& you'll have babies in no time. You do realize how many hatch out of that little clump,and how much room they'll take up when they grow,right? :rolleyes::lol::yikes

well, theyre chillin on some styrofoam in a kritter keeper ontop of my big tank....I hope they hatch...how long will it take?? :blink:

These ones wont be inbreds like the first time i had eggs...one of the lil chewies was taking advantage of my Speedy....

If they do hatch, however, Snails for everyone!!! :D

Yes, it's true. Canas are illegal in California and a few other states (I only know CA off the top of my head), but I've never heard of a "snail bust" and I've known people who've bought Canas safely in California.

wow...with my luck, ill get like, busted with them and like be the headline of the news "Girl Arrested For Illegal Snail Trade-Aquarium Paraphanalia Found In House!"

lucky im not in Cali...

That was definately true,and like Airwen,I can't remember mor than Ca. right now.Fla's always having a problem with them,and Texas??? Don't quopte me on those two-when I get off my work week ,I'll confirm or deny! :lol: I could see it now"Snailord Smack gets ten years in the BIg House for illegal snailees in the tanks." :rofl

Yeah :rofl Honestly, I doubt it. They (I think this is all snails...) are illegal in Australia too... and Hawaii I think, because both places have rice fields.. paddies.. whatever-ya-call-ems (I think) so they're afraid you'll get tired of your snails and go and dump them in a rice.. thing and they'll eat all the rice.

If they find them? I don't know because I've never heard of a snail bust.

In Hawaii they manually go through the rice paddies and pick up the snails and their eggs. I've seen a picture of people selling them as escargot. Bleh.

Archived