River Rock Tanks

Guest silver360

Guest silver360

Does anyone here have photos of their river-rock bottom tanks? I have river rocks as my bottom and a couple fake plants, but I'd like to change/add my layout to make it more aesthetic. I'm looking for some inspiration/ideas.

Guest silver360
My 55 gallon has river rocks. Theres a link to my fish tank photo album on my signature. Hope it helps!

319814[/snapback]

Excellent photos you have there. Could you tell me more about your plants? (e.g. what species, what maintenance you do for them, etc.)

I cant really tell you what all the plants in my tank are, because honestly, I dont know all names... I know, bad me! I know I have two amazon swords in there, their the big leaved ones. The others, I have no clue. Sorry. I have a layer of small pebble rock on the bottom, to let the plants root into, and then river rocks over top, to keep the plants down so the goldies dont try to up root them. I use flora pride for a fertilizer. So far, its worked great. I know there are other fertilizers out there, but ive liked the results of the flora pride. I have a cora life lighting system on my tank. I think its like 465 watts or something, not positive. I know have at least 4 watts per gallon though. You dont have to have THAT much, but my plants grow at least one or two inches a week. I use the CO2 fizz factory. Not everyone uses CO2, but ive liked it because ive had much success with my plants reproducing when I did this. Once a week I trim away any dead leaves or anything thats turning brown. Thats really all I can think of right now. At first, my goldies thought the plants were their own personal salad, but after a week or so, they stopped messing with them. I guess they didnt like the taste too much, or it just got boring. :D

Guest silver360
Raith, what is the metal thin on top of the river rock mountain? And how are you going to graval vac that huge mountain?

320309[/snapback]

I'm wondering the same things... :lol:

Raith, what is the metal thin on top of the river rock mountain? And how are you going to graval vac that huge mountain?

air pump.

and i have different siphoning thats thin so i stick it in and let it rip.

Archived