Yawning

PodgyGoldy

It's been 3-4 weeks since i've got the new fish and she is yawning at a 5-6 mins between each yawn, she won't yawn unless she stops swimming (e.g: going up n down the tank wall doing the food dance then stops for a sec and yawns), my question is what causes it ?

Podgy sometimes high nitrates can cause "yawning", it can also be a symptom of flukes.

Can you post the requested info above and we can help you alittle better? Thanks.

Guest VxShady

Uh oh. Yawning is bad? Heh.. I thought it was just cute. Uh oh. <laughs nervously and slowly backs out> Scuse me a moment!

Guest VxShady

Yeah I recently had a big nitrate problem. They just had three days of water changes. That was probably it. But I didn't know it could indicate flukes. Or anything. I just looked, tilted my head.. and said "Aww.. lil goldys tired!"

Well Podgy I am not exactly sure, but I would think it wouldn't be more than a couple times a day. Now of course that would mean sitting in front of the tank the whole day watching them, and while that sounds wonderful life doesn't permit that.

So I would say if every time you are looking at them, one of them is yawning it is a problem. ;)

Archived