Anyone Use This?

Guest Misty's_Fantails

Guest Ianthe

This is exactly what I have been feeding as well...I posted a topic about it a few posts down and didn't get any replies. :( I am also wondering what people think of it.

I also use that stuff! I havent been using it for very long, but so far, my goldies like it. I used to feed them wardleys fish flakes and pellets, but I decided to try this stuff recently. So far, so good. my goldies gobble it right up. My white fantail has seemed alittle more active then before (he was kinda lazy), but Im not really positive if its from the food or not.

I think that it is very good food. :) I used to feed my goldies that till I got started with progold.

But be sure that you soak the flakes in a small bowl of tank water first. Then they will drift around in the tank. When goldfish have to gulp at the top with food that floats, they will take in too much air and can develop floating problems. (swim bladder disorder)

I've been using omega one for quite a few months. I saw it at the LPS and read the ingredients and was amazed at the quality of it. Its like the best food I have gotten my fish. I feed them 3 times a day 3 different types of food, and they like teh Omega One the best.

Guest 2 commons

I have been feeding my big guys this for a few months. Then I got some little guys and found out that Omega One is available in flakes, small pellets, medium pellets, and sticks/large pellets. A size for every fish. So now my little guys can eat as good as the big ones and grow big and strong.

I also use that stuff! I havent been using it for very long, but so far, my goldies like it. I used to feed them wardleys fish flakes and pellets, but I decided to try this stuff recently. So far, so good. my goldies gobble it right up. My white fantail has seemed alittle more active then before (he was kinda lazy), but Im not really positive if its from the food or not.

319829[/snapback]

I'm sorry to admit, but due to my comparison of poop I think pro-gold has more ash contents then omegaone which is bad for constipation :(

i have been using the omega one pellets for almost a year now. at first i got it because my lfs gives be half off refills and he also said its the best. my gfs seem to like it alot. i also put it in the outdoor bucket and my little feeders are getting bigger and ive only had them for a couple weeks. so thumbs up for omega one.

Guest Phreno

I have that exact same food. I've been feeding it to my fish since I got them, they're doing well. They love it, and chase after it, and will spend hours looking for it if they're hungry, stirring up the gravel on the bottom. They act like vacuum cleaners! I also feed them peas, keeps them from getting constipated. I'm going to try feeding them more foods like oranges and other fruits.

• 2 weeks later...

so more ash content = more constipation? I just bought some omga one for my goldie today.. Its a huge jar lol. Well I have the sinking baby pellets instead of the flakes. Macy loves them :D

I think that they meant progold has more ash which causes constipation. I wasn't sure if they meant that more or less ash caused it. I think more tho :P

oh ok. maybe i just read the post wrong, because i was alittle confused there. i wasnt sure if they meant progold or omega one.

I just bought another Can of the stuff a couple of days ago. Its getting kinda pricey around here, but I bought the biggest can they had. Goldies just cant get enough of it!!!

Guest Phreno

I've used both the flakes and the medium sinking pellets. I must say, both are great, but the flakes pollute the tank less. Although, the pellets get stuck in the gravel really easily, and the gf can't get them. If you have a barebottom tank, the pellets are ideal. If not, then the flakes are great. Either way, they're pretty good. I supplement my fish's diet with omega one's veggie flakes, and tetramin goldfish crisps. They like those the best. I also give them peas and things. I'm probably going to try blood worms this week.

Archived