Ryukin Sits On The Bottom

Whirlwind

Well,she might just be resting but I'm not so sure.She does this alot.She a really fat and big red ryukin who always has really long poop and is really cute.

Well,Since I've put her and the other goldies in the big 55 gall tank.-Which I think is still cycling,not sure.The amonia is 0-Well,she aslways goes under one of the fake plants we have and just sits there.Her fins and gills are still moving.Though,if I open the drawer that has food in it-they can hear the drawer open-they'll all cometo the middle of the tank.Is she just resting or is she sick?? :heart

I dont think so because sometimes he gets out of there and swims around.I think he might a have a bacterial infection becasue laterly the poop has been white and thinish.It also ragged.It not like his usual long solid chunks.

I also cant really buy and medicated food becasue I dont have any money left-I used it to buy cat food for a stray I'm going to keep-but it was only 7 bucks.And I've been spending too much on them and were low on money ;_;

-Thanks for the help

Edit:Oh and I salted the tank.I did a cup of salt and few teaspoons.That was supposed to equal around 55 teaspons.

Answering all the questions in the box above will help us better to help you.

There could be a few things going on with the fish, but she/he is sick. Now you just have to figure out why.

Post back with the info and we will try and help you more, but a fish that does what you are describing is sick.

I dont have any test kits but I'll try to go check my water as soon as possible.It's a 55 gall tank thats been running for exactly 3 weeks.The amonia though,registers at 0.I just noticed she's swimming around more than she was before but she still goes under the tree.Just sitting there.Should I try a salt dip?I've done one in my whole life and I wasnt so sure about it becasue you have to do a big waterchange before she goes back.I always worry becasue if I do a change I cant watch her.-_-

Right now she's swimming all over the place.Not sitting down.

I have 5 fish in a 55 gall tank.

My guess and that is what it is until we know what the params of the tank are, is poor water quality. Since it has only been up a couple weeks I am sure it is still cycling, that means the fish get stressed and sick from this.

The best thing for you to do is 25% water changes until you get the tests. And I would recommend them asap!! This will let you know what is going on. Do daily water changes until you can get them.

I wouldn't recommend salt dips right now until we know further what is going on with the water.

Ammonia at 1 can be very deadly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,sorry I havnt replied in a while.She's doing fine now.Not sitting on the bottom.

By the way...

Everything is 0.The Nitrate is in the safe range.P.H is a bit acidic

Archived