Piglet "kills" His Brine Shrimp

EatBubbles

I mentioned this somewhere else in the Goldfish section, but I think the betta people might appreciate it! :)

I usually feed Piglet betta bites once a day, though I switch it up and feed him a pinch of freeze-dried brine shrimp every few days. He always gets VERY active when I lift his food door (he's in a 2-gallon aquarium w/a UGF, which will probably change to an Eclipse soon).

When I feed him the freeze-dried brine shrimp, he 'stalks' the clump for a minute or two, hovering behind it as it glides along the surface of the tank, then BAM! he pounces it, with part of the clump hanging out of his mouth, and he SHAKES it violently for a few seconds. Then it's time to parade around his tank slowly and deliberately, with his 'kill' hanging out of his mouth for a few more minutes for all to see. He only gulps it down after the victory parade. :flex:

I'll try to get some pics or a short video of this soon, I love watching it. It may be too much carnage for a family forum, though ;)

piglet.jpg

Guest VxShady

Is that Piglet in the picture? One of my bettas looks EXACTLY like that. I love the all red with the greenish speckly scales. Its purdy. Both of mine do the exact same thing with their freeze dried blood worms. They're funny to watch. Lil predators. Cute.

:lol: Very cute!!!!! It's funny how they make a big production out of the smallest things. My one Betta is housed with Snails/Cory Cats/Baby Bristlenose/and a Blue Gourami,and I can't believe what a pig he is! He can't stand watching anyone eat,so he's actually learned to eat veggies,and Snail Cookies! :rofl I swear everyone in the tank is getting fat since I put the Snails in! You ever see a Betta pounce on a Snail Cookie? Check this pic out. He just got done eating some of the cookie that fell.(Snail cookies aren't really cookies.These are made with Squash,Zucchinni,etc) :rolleyes::lol:DSCF3181.jpg

:rofl Silly betta! I thought they were always carnivores, too..? Speaking of which, what's up with the 'allergic reactions to bloodworms' that I hear about once in a while? that's why I haven't bought any yet, even freeze-dried. The warning on the back of the can freaks me out.

I swear, when I open Piggle's tank lid, I feel like I should be hearing a little propeller noise coming from his paddlefins.. whirrrrr.. :bubbles

I can just imagine Piglet doing his victory parade :D Very cute! I love bettas for their silly antics.

Great pictures EatBubbles and Devs.

My betta girls were getting really fat sharing a tank with the corys because they were hogging all of the corys shrimp pellets :D .

:lol: Well hey,at least there is Shrimp in those Pellets! I think if any of my other Male Betta's saw him eating green Beans and Zucchinnii,they'd call him a "Wuss"! :rofl It's pretty hard to prance around the tank being the king,when you have a gut on your person--I'm going to have to keep an eye on that one!

Can I ask what brand of shrimp you buy? I have 2 bettas and neither will eat the dried brine shrimp or dried bloodworms I bought. My goldfish won't even touch them!!

I wanna see a parade too! :)

• 1 month later...
Oh my that is cute! Sounds like he's got a lot of personality! :D

336089[/snapback]

:thanks Out of my three bettas, Piglet is still the one who seems the most happy to see me when I come to work in the morning!

& Andrea, I'm so sorry!! I don't know how I missed your post on the topic. Let's seee... okay, the brand of my brine shrimp is San Francisco Bay Brand, it's a plastic seethrough canister with a white lid. It says.. "The Original" on it? LOL. Dunno..

I had to try feeding brine a few times before my little unnamed betta grew to eat it, they can be picky little guys! :krazy:

Archived