He Died

Guest wonder

Guest wonder

Pokey died. Just stopped breathing a bit ago. I suppose now, that I'll never come to this site again. No point in it if I have no fish. Oh well...

I'm so sorry to hear about Pokey. :(

Bubbles and Mister Speckles will take care of him, though. :heart It sounds like he was very loved, by an awesome caretaker.

Please don't give up on giving another fishy a good home..

My thoughts are with you.

:grouphug

I'm so sorry :( I lost a lot of fish recently and I know how sad it is :hug I hope you feel better soon.Don't give up...somewhere there's a fish waiting for you :)

I'm very sad for you and Pokey. He must have been special since you're in no hurry just to replace him. Stay a while with us on Koko's and before long you will be itching to get another fish. :hmm

:exactly what everyone else has said. i too know how sad it is but the fish bug has already got you and im sure it wont be long before you have another friend to care for. :heart

Im so sorry to hear about Pockey. :heart I too know how it feels. Alittle after Christmas, I lost thre of my fish that I had for four years. It was very depressing. I thought I would never get another goldfish again.... but then one day while I was at the LFS looking around, my fiance pointed out this beautiful fantail..... and i caved. Although no other fish will be like Mr. orange (especially Mr. Orange) I still love them. All of us have lost fish along the way. Its just sad when it happens.

Good luck to you, and I hope you feel better soon. :heart I*m sorry for your lose.

I'm sorry to hear about Pokey! :(

I've been losing a lot of my bettas recently, and I understand that it's painful. Just remember, as Pokey needed you, so do other fish out there. So many people just buy fish and expect them to take care of themselves. Fish need people like us, who care enough to research and take care of them to the best of our abilites. Everyone of us know that they are beautiful, peaceful beings and once you have them, you'll always want them around! :) Stick around Wonder, don't give up! Our thoughts are with you.

Guest wonder

Thanks you guys. I guess I'm so depressed because I don't really know what happened. When my other two fish died, I knew why and how but with Pokey.. *sigh* :idont

He was fine on Friday. He was swimming, eating, wiggling around like he always did. And I even checked on him after his lights were out for awhile (you know, for bedtime). He was just floating on the bottom of the tank, by a plant. His breathing was fine, his mouth closed all the way, his gills were moving. He looked so peaceful.

But on Saturday, almost 12 hours later, I found him in the same spot, and position of when I last checked. He was still floating by the plant on the bottom of the tank. He looked like he hadn't even moved. Only things different were that he was breathing heavily, and his mouth wasn't closing all the way. Actually, it was barely moving. Well, I had to leave for a party and didn't get to check on him for a few hours. When i got home, he was on his side, in the corner of the tank, seemingly having trouble with breathing and spending all his engery trying to get upright. After like, half-an-hour, I suppose, he managed to get upright again but.. he still was breathing rapidly, his mouth wasn't closing. He finally died that night. After lights out, I found him a few inches away from were he was earlier, completely still. I just wish I knew what happened. I think it might of been a rock in his mouth but I checked and didn't see anything (then again, I've never dealt with this before so I don't know what I would find). But I'm also thinking that somehow, someway, he managed to contract some deadly virus overnight. I don't know.. :idont

What a sad story. :cry1

Don't rush, but please don't give up. I personally think people who find koko's are special. If you are here, you were meant to love a fish. What's a fish lover without fish? There is a little somebody out there just waiting to be saved from a bowl by you.

I sure hope you feel better soon. :grouphug

Guest lenny165

If I can start a new hobby at 63 you just go get another fish, I used to think fish people were funny, now look, my grandaughter got me hooked after dragging a fish home from Philly and now that's his name. There so relaxing to watch I keep mine on my counter so I see and talk to them while I cook. Go ahead get another one get another frilly one with lots of tail. If mine ever go to the big cloud in the sky I'm going for one of those. Good Luck :yeah:

Guest golden_goldy93

:cry1 I'm so sorry

My fish just died too so I too know how it feels. I hope you can get over your loss.(even tho i haven't)

Archived