Bubbleeyes W/ An Oranda?

Guest Morten33

Guest Morten33

Hellooooo! :D

I have three 3inch BubbleEye fish wich I LOVE ofcourse. Morten,Bob & Sofi...i can't wait untill i get a digital camera so i can add pics with my posts. Anyway, i am getting ready to get a 50gal tank wOO hOOO! I only have a 10 gal now...i got the three fish before i knew you needed 10 gal per fish min. Anyway i love BubbleEyes and thought i would never want any other kind of fish. But for the past month or so i have reeeeealy been wanting an Oranda. I think they are so cute, their faces remind me of tweedy bird (not sure why). So i am wondering if i can get one to put in my new tank with my bubbles? I know that BubbleEyes are supposed to be "handycapt" and swim slow. But mine don't seem slow at all. I haven't spent a LOT of time watching Orandas, but every time i go to the pet store i check them out for about 5 min at a time. They don't seem to swim faster then my bubbles do. Are there any other reasons why i shouldn't mix the two?

Any info would be great!

Thanks bunches!

Emily

Guest Morten33

I AM SO EMBARESSED!

I ALWAYS do a spell check before adding a new post and I forgot this time! I am not retarded, it just seems like I am by the way I spell?sorry :blink:

You could scoop the bubble eye into a bucket then feed him seperately in there and then feed the oranda seperately...

Handicapped fish are slow in finding their food (not swimming slow), Example: You drop a sinking pellet in and it sinks the normal eyed fish will see it quicker,while the handi cap eyed fish don't even know what's going on.

When you pick your oranda, you could try and pick one with a lot of head growth and then he would be rather sight challenged, too :)

I have my bubble eye, Casey, in my 66 gallon tank along with a lionhead, a pom pom, and a small calico fantail.

Casey does have a harder time finding food, so I hand feed him. He has gotten very good at taking food out of my fingers :D

Guest Ianthe

I am having the same dilemma, but in reverse!!! In my 55, I have one lionhead, one Oranda, and one Teeny tiny common that ijust HAD to save. :rolleyes: I have wanted a bubbleeye forever...but am wondering if it would work or not......as long as I made sure it was eating, would it e OK???

Guest Ianthe

Thanks!! :D He is LOVING it so far, having so much room to swim and play. I just love it when I get a new fish from some cramped tank at the pet store and bring him home to my 55 gallon. They seem so relieved. :)

Archived