He's Dying

Guest wonder

Guest wonder

His water levels are just fine. Everything is perfect. The tank is 29 gal. and has been running for almost a year. I add AquaSafe Water Conditioner before adding tapwater to the tank. His last cleaning was about a week or two ago. He used to have white bumps that seemed to grow on the inside of his tail but they disapeared after the last tank cleaning. Sometimes he gets red streaks in his tail fin but none lately. He has lost a few scales in the last sevrel months that haven't seemed to grow back. I have carbon filtration. Now, he is sitting on the bottom of the tank, breathing rapidly but it he does not close his mouth. I can't see a rock stuck in there but then again, I might be missing something. He seems to be having trouble staying upright, and tends to fall onto his side. I'm not sure if he managed to contract a disease through the exposed skin were his scales are missing but I'm thinking it might be a parasitic infection. Please help. I can't bare to loose another fish. :cry1:cry1

I forgot to say that this all started today. He was fine yesterday, the day before, and so on...

Guest VxShady

Well I just read your other thread.. and I'm sorry your fish passed. But maybe we could help you find out what the problem was, so if you do get another fish, we can make sure it wasn't something in his enviroment that caused it so it doesn't happen again? And I do hope you get another fish. I'm really sorry about Pokey. :cry1

Archived