Okay, Fish Are Swimming, Eating...

Scott

They are all so big, they've grown over winter. My fish have never grown like this over winter, the largest koi must be well over 2 feet now. My smaller koi that were 4 inches last year are now close to a foot. They are all looking beautiful and graceful. The females are fat as heck, and everyone seems happy. I've upped my salt to .36%, been putting koizyme in faithfully, I've been doing my best for them.

I am worried to death that they are all going to get sick again and I am going to have another nightmare year. It's an aweful feeling. They do seem happy and healthy, but I'm not going to be complacent. I am going to worry until the fall snow comes LOL.

I wish I had some pics of my 2 year olds, they are really looking good.

Scott

Scott, last year has really been horrible for you, so yes, all fingers crossed, this year is gonna be better!

What always wonders me is that people don't feed their koi over winter due to cold water, yet those buggers still manage to grow! :unsure:

Looking forward to some new pics!

Yeah, I don't understand how they grow so much over winter. It's strange. I was told that they aren't hibernating, I would suppose if they were they wouldn't get bigger but most likely thinner. But I never believed that they grew in the winter, I just figured those that claimed it thought their fish grew because they hadn't seen them in so long LOL. I know for a fact mine grew. I've got to get some pictures so I can show comparisons, it's amazing.

Scott

Guest fishier

when i grow up more

and have my own house

i'm going to make a pond like yours

it's amazing!

i hope your fish don't get sick again-

you prob. take care of them real good!

I can understand how koi would grow if kept inside and fed over the winter. Beats me how'd they grow outside in the cold without food.

I'm pleased your fish all seem to be in good shape, and have grown too! Hope you have a good year ahead of you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived