Rescued Fish!

Ruffledmumkin

I need some help with the 2 fish I got from nnnnnn. The lady working there felt bad for these 2 black moors so she let me have both of them for .23. The smaller one has something wrong with his eye, and seems a little slow. His eye looks like it had popped. There is a strange grey film on it. The larger one has a very light grey film over his body, and a white spot on his cheek that is the shape of a star. It does not look like a breeding star, but some king of fungus. I have them in a tank by their selves. That is about all the info I have on them, since I just got them an hour ago. What should I do for them, and what do you think they have? I would really like to save these poor fish. :crp

• Admin

I think they have fungus.

i would treat them with Maracyn and salt to the tank hun.

I might just to be on the safe side of life feed them Medigold for 3 weeks...twice a day. :D

All I have on hand is pima fix and melafix. Should I use either one of those? I have to go to a funeral tomorrow, so it won't be until late before I could get the other stuff. Can you get Maracyn, and medigold at the lfs? How much salt should I add?

Guest VxShady

Aww.. I think those of you that take rescue fishy's are sooo awesome. I'm too scared to do it cause I don't know enough about the diseases and such. But at least I guess if it doesn't work out, they pass in a much nicer, cleaner place with people actually trying to help them. You're awesome. I wish you and your fishys the best.

I just got back in town, and checked on the new fish. I had added some melafix and pimafix last night, since that is all that I had. The little fishies eye has a little less grey on it. I still have not seen him eat. The other is very spunky, and I am not too worried about him. I just want to try and help this little one. Any additional help would be great. Thanks! :D

Concerning the meds, you can usually get Maracyn at any fish store or pet super store. However, I think the Medi-gold can only be ordered online at Goldfish Connection.

Here is the address;

https://www.goldfishconnection.com/

Good luck with your new moors! You are doing a wonderful thing for them.

The little one has pretty much been sitting at the bottom, not doing much. I haven't seen him eat anything either. I think his one eye might be so damaged that he is blind in it. I have tried putting food on his good side so he would see it, but he doesn't even pay attention to it. I have tried 3 or 4 different foods to make sure it wan't just the kind of food. What should I do? I'm getting really worried about this little guy :crp ! The other one seems to be doing great!

You have been using, I'm assuming, soaked food or sinking food. Vegtables might entice him. I'm not sure I have any other suggestions than to keep trying. There is a way to force feed fish, but sometimes this just stresses them out and I don't have much info on the subject. Maybe you could make a post in the Feeding section of the message board.

How long has he not been eating?

I had tried even fruits. Lastnight I finaly got him to eat a few flakes. :D I think his main problem is finding the food. I don't think he can see well, or even at all. His eye doesn't have anymore grey on it, but it still looks squished. What can I do to make sure he can find the food?

I just wanted to let ya'll know that the fish are doing much better, and eatting well. No more signs of fungus. I think what really helprd them out the most was keeping there water very clean. I have them in a 5 gallon, and have been changing a gallon everyday. I hardly had to use any meds.

Archived