Petsmarts Return Policy On Fish..

Kissy

This probably won't apply to most of the people on this site, but there may be a couple who it will help inform.

If you buy a fish at vvvv, and it dies in the first two weeks, you are able to get a refund. BUT what they didn't tell me is that you have to bring the dead fish with you and give it to them, or else they won't do a thing. If you have a receipt, and the lady remembers you picking out the fish and everything, it still doesn't matter. I was not about to go home, dig up my fish's grave, and bring in his decaying carcass to the store. I said R.I.P and I meant it. So, if you do buy a fish from vvvv (especially an expensive one) remember this stupid policy and decide if you want your money back or if you'd like to bury him.

Ps: this worker in the aquatic section also knows nothing about aquatics. As usual.

• Admin

I can understand why, Look at it from there side.

What happens if your fish wasn't dead and you come back and say the fish is dead and you want a refund.....They need the proof Hun, I know that is not great but they need it or they would be giving refunds like mad and free fish :(

That's like once I wanted a refund on some food stuff (can't remember now) but I was really peeved it was off when I bought it. Maybe I was annoyed I could have got food poisoning.

They told me they would send me a replacement if I mailed in the uneaten portion of the food. Get Real !! :angry:

The people at my local vvvv have always said upfront to keep my receipt and bring in the body if it dies in the first 2 weeks. I'm sorry they didn't tell you first, but I agree that I can see why they have that policy. Luckily I haven't had to use it yet. :)

most places need the body. my manager said its because if theres a high death rate going around, they may need to test the dead ones for a disease (like the kio disease)

they also usually ask for a water sample from the tank in seperate packaging

Guest VxShady

The policy makes perfect sense to me. But they always remind me of it when I'm checking out. They should at least have some signs posted if they can't remember to inform their customers, though.

Yeah, its the same policy around here too, reciept, dead body and a sample of your water. If the water is even off by a little bit, no refund because it was considered your fault for not having proper water conditions. I understand, if they didnt do it that way, people would be coming in all the time getting free fish. Its sad, but true.

Awhile back, when I set up my 55, and had cycled it the first time and put my beloved fish in the tank, my fiance decided to suprise me, bought two black moors and put them in (I was sooo mad because they needed quarentined) but I came home to new fish in the tank, and it was alittle late by that time to take them back out. Well needless to say, they introduced ick into my tank, and all of my fish died! I had had these fish for over 4 years by this time... i was upset... and vvvv said they would only replace the fish that died, and not the ones it killed also...... although it was frustrating at the time, I still understand where their coming from.... although it makes me sad to this day.

Oh, I didn't mean to bash on their policy. I mean its still weird giving them your dead fish instead of burrying it, but its definatly understandable and there is no real way around it. I wasn't told that you needed to bring in the body..the girl just told me to keep the receipt incase it happens. I'm just informing others incase they ended up like me thats all :)

I think out of all the times ive got fish there, only one have they told me to bring in the dead body with the reciept, so I cant blame you for being alittle mad to find that out and no one told you except to bring the reciept!

I know the vvvv here has a sign that just says '14 day guarentee on all fish' but no where does it say what you have to do.... ive seen people come in very very ticked off because their fish died, and they were very expensive fish, and they didnt bother to bring in the dead body......... all i can say is the guy was yelling at this poor lady and she finally said ok ok i believe you, you can have whatever you want. I felt kinda bad for her.

I mean its still weird giving them your dead fish instead of burrying it,

318899[/snapback]

just so you know, they send them all off to be cremated after a period of time in the freezer, so they do get some sort of service in the end...

Archived