Water Turtles

Guest 020292

Guest 20292

Is there such thing as a water turtle? If so where can you buy them becuase i have not seen them and will one be okay in a 10 gallon that is full with 3 mollies and a 1 baby molly?

<_<

Hi, Aquatic Turtles come in different species and sizes,and really need a bigger tank size than a ten gal.as some of them can get pretty big.They also need room to swim/move around. My daughter has had one for about 14 years or so. He has a super duper filtration system,because Turtles are pretty messy just like Goldfish.She also has a heat lamp and a rock area where he can climb out and sunbathe. Turtles aren't really a good choice for a fish tank that has fish mostly because the turtles would eat them! :o

Another thing to keep in mind is that turtles are extremely long lived.  I have a friend that has one that is 30 years old!

318741[/snapback]

:rofl Thanks for that info touchofsky! We've known that they have the capabilitys to live a long life.We just didn't know anyone who's ever had a turtle that long! :lol: My daughter will be thrilled to hear that April will be around for quite a few more years! :lol:

:) You should really go around and look for some information.

RES, and Painted turtles arn't 100% aquatic. If you want the REAL aquatic

turtles the ones who stay in the water like 95% of the time, only get out

to lay eggs and get some air, there rather alot of work i've heard and

you'll need a huge tank maybe just for one. But this all depends

on what type. Anyways good luck if you still want a turtle.

Alex

RES, and Painted turtles arn't 100% aquatic.

well, RES cannot be fed OUT of water. and of course theyre not 100% aquatic, sea turtles are, though. be realistic, who here would have a sea turtle living in their house....

1inch or turtle = 10gallon. lets do the math...... cough. :P

Well actually its very possible i forgot what the name was, but it

was actually a salt water turtle if im not mistaken,There are a few

times where my painted turtle ate out of the water.....

:blink: Ill have to go get that link...

painteds can eat out of water, not sure if sliders could, though. my painted can eat in and out of water, i just give her water so she can swim and hunt instead of waiting for a meal.

Guest 20292

Can you get me a picture of the 1" turtle that you were talking about?

Will it eat the pink sucker fish that is only 1.5 inches?

Thanks!

meg, dont you mean no turtle would stay that small? only turtle that i know that is close to being 'small' is a musk, thats theyre a good somewhat 6" max, for a male i believe. female turtles are much bigger.

Archived