How Mean!

Guest Esareh

Guest VxShady

What angers me the most is the description. I sent them an email. I doubt they'll care though. If more people do it though, they may be forced to take some sort of action.

Guest Esareh

Yes. the description angered me most... "if you dont like high matienece, get a gold fish! let it hang there untill it dies!" thats prettymuch all it's saying.

We have something like that but for bettas where i work... i have already heard two horror stories from it, one ladies cat knocked it off and ate the betta, another guys betta jumped out (while he was showing it off) and knocked itself unconsciose..... :/ but those bettas are so pesky.... surely a common wouldnt do anything like that. and we ALL KNOW how a common wouldnt think about out growing a tank! right?

Can you sense my sarcasm? i cant

Guest PenelopeFish

Wow. I am disgusted. That said,

NOTHING SEEN ON TV IS REAL!

TV is the enemy.

People believe anything.

I'm sad when I see that torture tank.

Guest VxShady

I didn't notice the price of it. Thats ridiculous. My 55 was $100. Might as well go the whole 9 yards. But what really got to me was "Simply remove 4 or 5 cups of the water ONCE A WEEK and replace." "Goldfish are low maintenance." Ignorant. I gave them a few goldfish facts in my letters to them. Yes.. plural. I'm angry.

Your not the only one. I also sent them email. It made me sooo mad. Its just adding to the bad information out there on how to care for fish, goldfish especially!

I saw something very very similar at mmm the other day, but it was only marked for betta use. That mad me angry, but after reading this, im even angrier!! I hope they read my email, and send a reply. If they do, ill let you know what they say... but I doubt they will. They'll probably read it, and be like whatever.

Guest VxShady

And I just noticed that it kind of implies that you only need to feed your fish once a week. When you do the water changes. :angry:

Who knew a few months ago that I would become such an advocate for goldfish rights? I sure didn't. BUT IM MAD!

Now thats one nasty piece of fish furniture, I wouldn't even put my Betta in it, no lid.... <_< Dangerouse hanging on the wall in my opinion as well......

*snorts* Saw a picture frame type being peddeled over on ebay also..... :(

Yeah - i also spotted the picture frame contraption on ebay. What a nasty thing. What gets me is there's strict laws against animal cruelty.... why does this seem to apply to all creatures other than goldfish?

Guest Misty's_Fantails

ive actually been looking for something like that, that hangs on the wall and small, the ones i seen years ago were a bit dif. But i want one or two to put water rocks and those blown glass bubble fish things. I think that would be pretty but have to be changed so the wtare dont stagnate..LOL

Guest Esareh

That would look awesome. But putting a living breathing creature in there is just TO cruel for words.

EDIT: How would they like it if we shoved them in a little 4 by 4 room with a bucket in the corner for using the bathroom and just change 3 to 4 cups of water every week? Thet probably wouldnt like it too much. :wa:madrant:kickbutt:veryangry:

yep that is horrible. i say we should sic PETA on them... :pan hmmm, maybe i will! :) ebay also has the fish tank pictures "living art" they call it. they also have fish tank coffee tables. even stating that it is great entertainment for a cat. could you imagine how stressed those poor fish would be. its just awful. :badidea

'Atrocious' pretty much sums it up. It makes me really mad to see people so uncaring; a goldfish should be taken care of like any other fish. Just because tropical fish cost more doesn't mean that goldfish are 'low maintenance' and they shouldn't be treated well.

• 10 months later...

I'd use it for plants. But holy cow that's not a good thing at all. Errrrrr I better stop right there before I start a rant. . There's a link to send them a comment. I just might because I'm in the mood.

Ugh...losers....lets make money off the suffering of some poor living creature, after all it's just a goldfish. I'm sending them an e-mail (no mention of Koko's of course). Fishrpets makes a good point. For 80 bucks you could make a fantastic setup for a goldie. This is just a crock of @#%*!! pain.gifthreaten.gifsplat.gifpissed.gif

Yeah, I saw that in a shop down the road, was VERY unimpressed with it, and I'm usually into weird and funky receptacles for fish..... It is literally TINY. like it says, 31cm diam, but then you've got thick acrylic that make the internal space even smaller, when they say change only 4-5 cups. that's about all it holds anyways!!!! <_< Needless to say, I just walked on.

Let's face it, if someone is gonna bother to spend $80 big ones, you'd think they'd bother to go and find out how this whole fishkeeping thing goes. I saw the half-bowl in the shop for about 6 months, the same one, still unsold, it was reduced to half-price and it still didn't get sold, I don't think this product is going to last on the consumer market for too long! :lol:

I have seen these before! I thought, "you have got to be kidding"! :(

I emailed the company that makes them and told them that not only were they misinformed about goldfish but their product was dangerous and useless for fish!

They wrote me back and said "They were sorry that I did not like their product, but other people really seemed to love them". <_<

So. as long as there are consumers out there that buy things like this companies will continue making and selling them! :rolleyes:

Archived