Golfish Eyes Went Missing

Guest lenny165

Guest lenny165

Help,

My goldfish eye went missing last month now the other one is gone too!!!! I'v treated with antibiotics, she still eats and swims. Has anyone else had this problem I don't know what kind she is, small speckled fins small for body and low on little pop bell, eyes did not protrude. She was my favorite :cry1

Lenny welcome to Koko's. Sorry to hear about your fishie. How sad, could another fish being picking on her, or a decoration damaging her eyes?

These are possiblities, if you could give us a little more info we can try and help you.

Blind gf can live well if you teach them where to eat in the tank, and the other fish in the tank don't "hog" all the food. Sometimes they do better alone, but I have heard of 2 living ok together.

maybe a form of cloudy eye got wrong?

alone or maybe with a fish like a bubble eye, since their practicly blind to... poor baby... hope she's alright!

MY CALICO ORANDA DONE THE SAME THING, i CAME HOME 1DAY, AND HER EYE WAS, BUSTED, AND IT FINALLY HEALED(LOTS OF WATER CHANGES*MELAFIX), aND SHE WAS FINE THEN 1 DAY i LOOKED IN THERE AND HER OTHER EYE WAS cOMPLETLY gone!, sHE STAYS ON THE BOTTOM DURING THE DAY, bUT WEIRD THING IS WHEN i TURN ON THE LIGHT SHE COMES UP LIKE FAST N THE FURIOUS TO GET FOOD, AND HAS NO PROBLEM FINDING FOOD lol IT IS HILARIOUS. GOOD LUCK.

Guest lenny165
MY CALICO ORANDA DONE THE SAME THING, i CAME HOME 1DAY, AND HER EYE WAS, BUSTED, AND IT FINALLY HEALED(LOTS OF WATER CHANGES*MELAFIX), aND SHE WAS FINE THEN 1 DAY i LOOKED IN THERE AND HER OTHER EYE WAS cOMPLETLY gone!, sHE STAYS ON THE BOTTOM DURING THE DAY, bUT  WEIRD THING IS WHEN i TURN ON THE LIGHT SHE COMES UP LIKE FAST N THE FURIOUS TO GET FOOD, AND HAS NO PROBLEM FINDING FOOD lol IT IS HILARIOUS. GOOD LUCK.

318997[/snapback]

Did you notice if her eyes were black that seems to have something to do with it.

Guest lenny165

Thanks Sandy,

These fish are no bigger than a quarter in body size not with the fins. There eyes were perfectly black about the size of an eraser on a pensil put flat almost like a disc were placed over the eye. I've read something about tuberculosis and missing eyes. Ever heard of that.

Archived