Do Goldfish Go To College? :)

Kissy

I know colleges don't allow pets...but what about a tankof quiet little goldfish? i've got to face college in a couple years and my dad said it would be fine to bring then and I want to, but I'm not sure if they would allow them. What do you think?

Guest 2 commons

My college allowed fish but it had to be under 5 gallons. When you get closer to figuring out which college you want to attend, ask the resident housing office and they can tell you what they allow. Or there is always finding an apartment off campus. But you would still need to check with the school because some require freshman to live on campus the first year.

Good luck.

as said before, look into getting a roomate or two and living off campus :) or finding a person to "free-lease" them from you, like my friends have done with their horses. The loan the horses to these people, who in turn buy all the food, vet care, etc. to "own" the horses for about 2 years. someone wanna rent a fish tank? lol!

Guest PenelopeFish

Yea! Hooray for fishies at college! I have my goldies in my dorm room, all 25 gallons of them. My school's rule about pets is, "If they can breathe under water, you can keep them!" Of course, I am not a stickler for rules when it comes to pets, so I have some non-aquatic animals as well. Shhh! don't tell! I think generally, fish are allowed at any college. There are often times gallon restrictions...but you could probably stretch that a bit. Just be sly about it. Fish at college are awesome! They reduce my stress greatly.

PenelopeFish :heart

Archived