Pest Snail

Oh boy! I've caught sight of a little "stow-away" this morning on my A. Swords. He/she's only about hmm, 6 cm with a pointed like shell. There's a 2 month old Ramshorn in there already, is the new guy going to cause too much harm? He's awefully cute. :rolleyes:

There's only 3 A. Swords, Moors and the Ramhorn in there + the "stow-away". Honestly I don't know much about snails other then they eat like crazy (love those cucumbers) and multiply like bunnies.

:lol: "Multiply Like Bunnies",that's cute!!!!! Actually I've come to think that they're worse than bunnies! :o:rofl Well,I personally consider them both Pest Snails. They managed to sneak in a planted tank of mine,and over a few months,pretty much destroyed the plants. At least once a week,I go in and remove tons of Ramshorn babies,and somehow by the next time,there are tons more! :blink:

Haha! Devs, I've seen the Chewy thread and it scared me a bit! She's huge for an apple!

Black Oranda- Thanks for the identification, any info you have on trumpet snils?

Raith- I think I'd keep snails in anyway too, they clean and look cute/natural, what's better then that!?

One last question, as I have no clue on their genders, do snails cross breed? If I end up with RamXTrumpet snails it'll be shocking.

haha...I dont think snails cross bread, but that would be pretty funny to see trumpet rams!

Not too long ago, I managed to get rid of all my rams that over ran me, but now I got trumpet snails on my new plants....eek...

:blink: Nah they don't crossbreed.

TamtheLittleBlackMoor- Well there live breeders,(when they give birth

they come out live, and not in eggs) If im not mistaken they need

another snail to mate.They can become big up to 1.5 inches.

They seem to like warmer temps, and time to time they enjoy a

cuccumber.

Good luck,

Alex

The tank stays a constant 68*F unheated so "stow-away" should be fine, I've seen him around and boy he's cute.

Alex - Thanks! I'm hoping both Louie (the Ram) and "stow-away" get bigger! I went and totaly cleaned the tank through and couldn't find either. I thought I had accidently smooshed them, turns out they were on the plant leaves. It's hard when they're so small, and you worry about where they are all the time, but they're usualy just slidding along.

:blink: Nah they don't crossbreed.

TamtheLittleBlackMoor- Well there live breeders,(when they give birth

they come out live, and not in eggs) If im not mistaken they need

another snail to mate.They can become big up to 1.5 inches.

They seem to like warmer temps, and time to time they enjoy a

cuccumber.

Good luck,

Alex

319048[/snapback]

Trumpet snails are live bearer's--Ramshorns lay eggs. :)

Archived