Hmm... Name Dillema

Guest Esareh

Guest Esareh

I just recently found out that my black more is male. is the name Hershie too girly?

Also, i just found out my oranda, spaz is a female. is that to boyish?

Guest Misty's_Fantails

HeHeHe

i think Hershey is fine :)

Spaz isnt to bad either

Most my fish dont have names..lol

I hope my black moor isnt female, Oscar female would be kinda weird..lol

mine are

calico fantail- Nemo

Black Moor- Oscar

gold fantail- Coral

the betta was named by my 4yr old he named him Lola (like Lola from shark tale) but i know hes a male and i been saying Luka..lol

Guest PenelopeFish

yea, I think my fish, Penelope, is a boy. That's quite a name for a boy, but he's keeping the same name. It would be weird to rename him.

I'd keep those two names..renaming fish is the hardest thing because their personalities are matched with their first names. And yes, a female Spaz and a male Hershie are not nearly as awkward as a male Penelope ;) But I'm sure Penelope is very sure of his masculinity and takes pride in his name :P

ps: Hershie is a great name...My (female) dog's name is Hershy too :)

Guest PenelopeFish

Yes, Penelope is very sure of his masculinity. He is also very sure about his love for food. Actually, that's all he's sure about. Penelope. Love. Food. A. Lot.

If I ever attempt to sex my goldfish it ends up being a boy and a girl about fifty times. So from now on I just decide for them, at least until they get bigger and its easier to tell :)

:wub: Hershie and Spaz are such cute names!!! I dont think their too girlie or boyish for either fish. I wouldnt change their names. Right now none of my fish have names.... I just havent found a name that suits them yet. It took me a year to come up with Mr. Oranges name, and once I figured it out, it fit him SOOOOO well.

Names that ive named my fish are:

Mr. Orange

Big Red (my red cap)

Blind Willie

Spunkie

The Three muscetters (SP sorry)

Sadly, all of these fish have passed on.

My goldies names...

Blue - male

Stripe - female

Nemo - female

Herbert - male

pinecone - female

1/2 pint - female

Panda - female

They arent bases on their sex... but by their appearance and personality.

Barb

vvvv? I thought they just threw them out. I volunteered for one of the animal shelters that brought cats and dogs there to be adopted and I learned a lot about vvvv that I didn't think they did...

Whatw ill be weird is if my poor Minerva turns into a noy... oh wel.. Mini isnt to bad for a boy.... XD

and poor Haily... (though named for the commet, so I dont think its weird!)

Archived