Brine Shrimp

Incandisco

Wa-hey - I think I've found my fish's favourite treat at last. Yesterday, I bought a portion of live (and certified disease free) brine shrimp. It cost 60p (around 90c) for a single portion, and ?2 for 4. I just got one, as I'd not tried it with my fish before.

They loved it - the little pigs ate as if they'd never been fed - and it was so funny to watch them hide under the bridge ornament in the tank, watching the gravel. The moment a shrimp popped it's head out, one of the fish hoovered it up!

So I'll let them have that once a week as a real treat. They also vary between flake and pellets, and love peas, sweetcorn, orange, banana and daphnia.

So much more yet to try! :happydance:lol

Those guys like to attack anything that moves, dont they? :D I have a ton of freshly hatched brine shrimp at home right now, since I have a few hundred betta babies to feed, and in one container I always keep feeding the brine shrimp instead of giving them to the bettas, and when they are big enough, the goldies get them.

But even the little betta guys, barely visible at around 2 mm, have fun with the little brine shrimp, they chase them all over their tank, its fun to watch!

• 2 weeks later...

i wish i could find some brine shrimp or daphnia in some shops round where i live but they kept passing on viruses to the fish (i never had any problems but hey) so they discontinued them. im going to try growing the brine shrimp again to feed to my babies. last time i did that, i left them at my window when i went on holiday in mid summer all the water evaporated!

Blinky, try Aquatic Ecosystems at aquaticeco.com, they sell and ship all kinds of live food. I am expecting a delivery of microworms tomorrow, and its not too bad with the price for 18 bucks including shipping with USPS priority. I saw they also sell daphnia and all kinds of other yummy stuff... :ymmu

WoWz, I feed them the liquid food for egg layers, and they seem to like it....

Archived