New Betta

sandy

That is one fantastic betta Misty, and they are really expensive. I just had a look through that site but couldnt afford any of the ones i like, and i dont have anywhere to put them now i have the half moon. But, you can dream.

The one i have chosen costs ?18 with postage. Thats the most i have ever spent on one fish, so its just as well hubby isnt here. :)

:D Wow Sandy,What a beauty that one is!!!! I can't wait to see him in full frontal shot. I don't look on line at these guys.......Much too dangerous! :lol:

Thanks devs i hope i can do him justice in a pic when i get him. yeah its the first time ive looked at aquabid and its lethal. lol

He arrived safe and sound this morning by royal mail :( the postie was carrying him in one hand down by his side and i said theres a fish in there. he just looked at me as if to say and?. I carefully unwrapped him and there he was just looking at me :heart . Left him in the 4 gallon to heat up before i opened his bag as it was so cold. i tested his water before mixing it slowly with mine and i was shocked at the readings. He had only been in it 24 hours but his nitrate level was reading 250, i didnt read for ammonia and his ph nearly 8. The nitrate in the tank is about 25 and ph is around 7.

he is now just sitting trying to get his bearings, but he cant seem to swim very well and his tail drags him to the bottom, im just hoping its because he hasnt had any reason to use it recently and that its just not too heavy. I cant believe the size of his tail though, its huge! Hope to get pics once he has settled in. :)

:blink: Isn't that so nerve-wracking-waiting for a fish to arrive safe,and then sseing the Post Man carrying it like it was a book or something! :crp Well,Thank goodness he's alive and well.Hopefully he's just in a little shipping shock,and that tail will be fine. I remember last year around this time ordering betta's,and my regular Postman was off.The idiot who was working that day laid the box on the top of my cement steps! My regular guy always brought it to the door and knocked so I knew,so it never dawned on me to look up there.Needless to say,it was chilly that day-especially sitting on cement,and three of five Betta's didn't make it. :cry1 Woo-Hoo Sandy!!!!! :newfish : :yeah:

Awww devs sorry some of your bettas didnt make it.

it was nerve racking waiting for him to come. i kept thinking what if i dont hear him (doorbell doesnt work) and he has to spend another night in the post office,all cold.

he just sat in the plants and sometimes his position looked like he was dead so im having mini heartattaches every time i walk past him :rofl

he has moments of patrolling and sleeping. hes even eaten a bit of tetra prima which im pleased about.

his colour is amazing, hes a metallic purple.

well tonight hes swimming and eating like hes been here for months and tries to eat my finger. so i think hes fine now. tried to take a pic but the light is bad and the acrylic tank has curved bits on it but will post what i got later or tomorrow.

and because hes got purple on him im going to call him prince (loz picked it)

Archived