Interested In Real Plants..

Guest jelle819

Guest jelle819

I've been browsing the site and really like the look of the potted plants in the tanks I've seen. I would really like to do something like that but where on earth do I begin? And what material are the pots made out of?

Thanks!!

Take a look at the plants section of kgw.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/Plants.html

You can try those plants or ask questions. Java fern is a really great plant, since they need little light, very easy to care for and fish won't eat it.

The pots can be regular pots, like garden pots, some plants require a rock or pot to hold them.

Good luck with some plants :)

Hey there,

The Plant Pots are Terra cotta plant pots, and they do great in water.

You can put many types of Plants in them, but this all depends on

your goldfish(s),sometimes some will eat Java moss and others won't.

You have a good selection, Java moss, Java fern (lace/normal), Anarchis, Anubius

ect... I would try out the Java fern, and the anubius i think they would do good

in the plant pots.

You should maybe start with some gravel :D ,

Good luck,

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

:yeah: I picked up a pack of plant pods from nnnnnn. I didn't know what to expect. I am very pleased with the results!! Each sprouted into lovely plants. Many stems with long flat leaves! The leaves flow with the current caused by the filters.

I have two fakees in there that I will be removing as soon as all the real plants are a little thicker.

They grow fast!

:flowers

I have some of the nnnnnn lily bulbs too. I got 3 in a pack and none of them gre so i sent them back to the company and they sent me five new ones:) All of the new bubls have been growing quite nicely and I am in the process of getting them rooted in some pots since Walter isn't very nice my plant and likes to push them around looking for food, the little piggy! lol

They have a gurantee on them Red, if they don't sprout in 20 day's or less, send them back and they replace them. I sent in a few that didn't, and they sent me back a nice bunch that did! They are doing great so far. I also got two lily's and they took right off! Just be careful of the blubs you buy, make sure they are nice looking, firm and full with no mold or meldew.

Mine are blooming and one put on seeds off the flower.... :D got like four new plants growing off those! :)

Yup, brown! Just look through the packages, generally the nice plump bulbs, have no blemishes or meldew looking spots are the best ones!

If you look at Jeanna's post here, I posted up a pic of the flower & seedling...

Archived