Marineland Bioblend Bottom Feeder Food

jsrtist

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this particular product? I must say Ive been VERY disappointed with it. I used to use Hikari algae wafers but ran out and was recommended by a friend to try the Bioblend. ive been very happy with their tropical and goldfish food. The bottom feeder wafers are supposed to be a plus because they stay solid and dont dissolve like Hikari. I feed them to my snails, my pleco, my otos and cory cats, and my goldfish, and no one likes them. Not even the goldfish! Have you ever seen goldfish turn away food? Its so weird. True the wafers do not dissolve; instead they fill up like little sponges. Who wants to eat a wet sponge? Anyway Im just a little ticked because I went and bought the largest container because oh, I have a ton of bottomfeeders. And now Im left with a bottle of food no one wants to eat. Not even goldfish.

I have only used the Hikari algae wafers, shrimp pellets and Big Al's sinking sticks for my catfish. However, the goldfish love these two things, too, so the poor bottom feeders don't get much of it. Even in the dark, the goldies sniff these out.

I haven't tried the bioblend bottom feeder food. Maybe, if the goldfish don't like it my poor little peckoltia would out of desperation :)

Quite a recommendation ... food that nobody will eat :rofl

• 2 weeks later...

Archived