Roano

Roano

Roano, my beautiful, quirky calico oranda died yesterday evening, in spite of my efforts. I ended up buying the clove oil after making the decision in the Euthanization thread I posted, but when I was going to administer it to him, he looked alot better and was breathing normally. I left then checked on him an hour later and he had died. I buryed him out in the garden under a patch of Solomon's Seal. I miss him so much.

I just wanted to thank everyone again for their helpful advice.

Oh, I'm so sorry. :crp The loss of a fish is very hard. I have recently experienced it myself, and it truly is as bad as losing any other pet, especially if you were particularly attached to it. He is no longer suffering, though, and he's up in fishy heaven following your finger and eating all the food he sees. :)

Thanks everybody. I do have three other little orandas that keep me busy and distracted, and I feel more confident to deal with another dropsy attack; I now have MetroMed, which came the day after Roano died, and I have the hospital tank more equiped, so next time I might be able to save another one of my fish, I only wish I had caught Roano's dropsy signs more quickly.

Archived