Oh No... Breeding Stars!

Guest Esareh

Guest Esareh

Flash, Hershie and Sushi all have breeding stars! Oh no! that means I have only 1 female and 3 males to harrass her. Not only that but I may have like, 50 more goldies than i can stand to have! :krazy: what am i going to do? is there a way to stop it without seperating them? theres no room anywhere else! what am i going to do? :krazy: AHHHH! is not that I dont want lil goldies runnin around im just SO unprepared! :krazy:

Don't worry. As long as the fish are under 6 inches, if they do spawn, there's probly not going to be any result. If there is and you're not ready to raise fry, leave the eggs in the tank. Your fish will promptly eat them. If there are ANY left, they will be much easier to care for than fifty. If you think that's cruel, you can try to get another tank, hatch them, and give them to knowledgable friends or good fish stores. Hope this helped. :)

....and if the female tires out, check out those cheap plastic organizing containers, with holes all over. They float, only cost a buck, and are perfect for putting the female in, giving her a little rest, while she still can enjoy the pleasures of a filtered tank with a view.... :lol:

Bring your temp up to 75*f. This will curb any funny behavior from

continuing. That's where I've got my tanks set at, with lots of boys

showing tubercules and no funny stuff happening. :)

As long as the temp stays there, you shouldn't really notice much

funny stuff going on. Like I mentioned, I've got a couple boys showing

stars and haven't had anything going on in my tanks. :o

My Blue oranda has had breeding stars since I've had him. Sometimes it's worse than other times. I've had him for 2 years now and no fry in my tanks.

Archived