Pimple On Caudal Fin

akk0415

My black moor has always had a small imperfection on her tail fin. Yesterday it seemed to develop a head. Is this common? I have only had her for a couple months. Should I worry about fungus, baterial infections or ick? It doesn't seem to be ick or fungus. I tried to get pics but she is too fast for me. Nitrites are fluctuating in the tank between .5 and 2 ppm. The water is at .3% salinity and we are in mid cycle. There is no ammonia.

Should I be worried?

Hi Andrea (funny, it feels like I am talking to myself here :rofl ), what color does the pimple have - fish color, or white?

Either way, I am moving this to the disease section for some extra help.... :)

:D It's a nice name. I like it anyway. :lol:

The tail is black but the "pimple" is white. It is the only spot on her as of this morning and it didn't appear fuzzy or anything. I am hoping that she just had some sort of infection that is working it's way out. He tail always had a very small bend at that spot.

I do 2 20% water changes daily to keep the nitrites down. I really want to avoid meds because I don't want to compromise the bacteria that I have grown to this point. Tell me I will be able to. Pleeeease.

Okay, the white is gone. It swelled and disappeared. But it seems like the tissue underneath is thicker than the rest. I guess you would call them rays in the fin. They have appeared bent in this area since I got her. Could this be some kind of tumor? It doesn't seem to bother her.

Nitrites in my tank are hovering at .5 ppm and Nitrates are up to 20 ppm so I think I am on the final leg of the cycle. She has made it this far. I'd hate to lose her to some sort of fish cancer or something.

Archived