First Bubble Nest!

akk0415

I know this is silly but I am so excited! I could tell my husband but he won't care. YOu guys sprobably see it all the time and it's no big deal but this is so cool!! I was getting ready to do a water change and there it was! I feel guilty destroying it to change his water. Are they a lot of work?

I got excited about Chicken's first nest too. His first one was huge!!

Funny thing he always builds it 2 days before the weekly cleaning, so I have to destroy it. If I didn't know better I would think he gets mad and it takes him that long to get over it before building another one.

It is very exciting seeing the bubble nests! And Laurie is right, they seem to wait until the water is a little dirty to do it. He will probably just make another one. I feel bad too but I figure it gives him something to do! :lol:

I get excited too when they build a nest. Mine does the same thing, builds a big one before a water change. Glad I'm not the only one who feels guilty.

:D Woo-Hoo!!!! I remember the first one that I saw. It was from one of my favorites,Levi. What giddy excitement I felt over a simple Bubble Nest! :lol: I too,felt that guilt feeling about destroying it.Funny thing was,as soon as Levi's water got changed,he'd start right up again with a vengence! That little guy built them everyday even bigger & better for months & months,until he had the opportunity to spawn with my female Snap. He got to watch the eggs like good daddies do.He watched them hatch,and took care of them when they began to swim around-even though Betta's are known to eat them by then.When I seperated him from the babies-you could tell he was sad.....He never built a bubble nest again. :cry1 Sorry,it brought bittersweet memories back for me. :rolleyes: Don't feel guilty,rejoice that your little guy is feeling normal & happy,and look forward to the next one! Congrats to you two! ;)

That is the saddest story. :cry1

I guess Taj is lucky that there are no girlfriends about. I can say that we were tempted to go get him one the same day!! We were sad that he worked so hard for nothing.

Archived