Small Aquarium Filter

TamtheLittleBlackMoor

Haven't personaly used this perticular filter, but I have been looking for it. There was a short description of these on a 1 gal. Kritter Keeper purchased months ago and since I've been looking for it with no results. BUT, here it appears at mmm (I know, but they DO have niffty supplies there.)

Recently there have been a few filter posts popping up and I hope this helps most of you out with those 1-5 gal.'s. :thumbs: No clue on the flow or how well it actualy filters but we'll see tommorow when when we get one up...

Penn-Plax Small Tank Filter

:D I have brought this filter up in posts numerous times,and have found it to be a nice little filter for my smaller tanks. :) The cartridges are disposable,and the new ones come in pairs for about 4.99 at the mmm's/Walmarts. For 11.99 or so,you can also get it with a pump included. As long as you change the cartridges when needed,it seems to do a pretty decent job for the price and size of it. I think all my 2.5 gals have it . I use a few different types of filters for my 5 gal. tanks,so I can't say for sure how well it would work on a 5 gal.

It's really hard to say.It depends on how much debri from live plants/food/ waste etc. is in there.They usually last quite a while.If you go by the filter,you'll see the white polyfill turn black-that's when I know it's time for a change. :)

Where can you get a Red-Sea nano at magickzzl? Is it a bio filter? I saw the Penn Plax at mmm but really wasn't keen on it from further inspection. I'd rather put in a bio wheel and use a block to reduce the current, if you know a small filter that does this please please let me know!

Guest JKLBP

I am looking for a good small quiet filter for a 5 gal tank. Right now there is just one betta in it but we would like to add a couple 2-4 small fish. I have been waiting until we can get a filter and then decide what fish would go best without over crowding. I like the look of the nano filter on Big Al's site but is it too small for this tank?

This is in my daughters room so it needs to be quiet. Also the tank is a small MiniBow 5 gal (purple-- bought it at nnnnnn --very cute for a girls room :D )

Suggestions on a filter?

Suggestions on fish?

Thanks

Archived