Memorial Service, George Died

Guest femmeartist51

Guest femmeartist51

Well everyone, George die last night. Hubby said, no more expensive fish. So I guess I will not be able to get another Oranda. But who cares what he says, right.

I guess I will leave the tank cycle, no new fish for about a month. That should be safe, right. Thank you all for all your help in trying to save this fish. I think I may have to go to tropical. Lynda

Lynda I am so sorry, you have tried so hard to help the little guy. I just don't know what could've been wrong, maybe a number of things.

GF keeping can be quite fun I assure you, it is hard to get going but once you get the water quality down you do much better.

My suggestion is to break everything down rinse it in a light bleach solution and rinse really really well and start from the begining.

Know that your water has issues so you will need to be on top of the ph and ammonia problems.

WE are here to help you when you decide. Sorry again.

Guest Dawn Hunley

I am so sorry for you loss! :cry1 I too have just suffered a loss, but don't give up yet......give it some time. Get the tank in order and start all over. Goldfish are such great pets and companions. They are a pleasure to have in the family. If your spouce needs convincing, please bring him on this site and I will talk him into it! :D (I'm a great salesman!!!! :rofl3 )

Guest femmeartist51

Now you all, have made me even more sad. All your thoughts have brought tears to my eyes. Our water is finally fine. We have given away some gold fish, so down to just two and hubby has put them in the pond out back. We tested the water, and it still has some ammonia. We are thinking of seriously putting in tropical. The petstore guy said they are easier. Oh the Oranda we had was expensive. He was a large one. Does Koko have a tropical section????

Thank you all for all your help.

Dawn, I will have to have hubby talk to you, and you can convince him. Thanks again, Lynda

Lynda, don't want to make you sad. Just want to say sorry :crp

I don't know where you live, but I bought my oranda for only $3.99. He was small but they really do grow fast and it's fun to watch them develope.

Archived