U.k Answer To Medi Gold?

sandy

Been hearing a bit about this website so i checked it out and ordered the mini pellets for ?4.19. The tub is huge and would feed goldfish/topicals for a long time.

My smaller tropicals cant manage the pellets so i am ordering the flakes today.

Has anyone else tried this and any results? Interestingly they look exactly like medigold!!

*This formula is formulated: anti parasite, fungus and bacterialfood to combat - gill and skin flukes/ intestinal worms/ tricodina/ white spot/ leeches/lice/ oodinium/ ulcers/ infections and fungus.

contains no antibiotics or hazardous additives.

harmless to fish and plants and dont feed to inverts.

feeding instructions

minimum of 10 days, 2-3 times a day, as much as the fish will eat in 5 minutes.*

from the size of these mini pellets small 1 and a half inch goldies should be able to manage them, but anything the size of tetras and below may struggle.

http://www.dorsetdiscus.com/

What I am wondering about is how can it be fighting bacteria, if there isn't any antibiotics in it?

Does it have a complete ingredients list anyplace on the container/box? Medigold does contain 3 or 4 different antibiotics, but if there is slightly something in there that's close, that indeed would be a great help. Maybe some homeopatic stuff instead of the actual antibiotics.... :unsure:

Theres no list but as its uk they cant add antibiotics,but thats what i was thinking, and i'm sure they use homeopathic and other natural things. I have sent an email asking what is in it. I will put the results here when i find out.

Hi sandy. :)

I will be VERY surprised if they tell you their "proprietary ingredients". I have yet to get a single non-listed ingredient revealed to me. I have e-mailed many companies too. <_<

In my honest opinion, this food will reap you nothing more than immaculately clean water won't provide. Off the top, there is no such thing as a medicated food that treats ich. Same goes for flukes, fungus and lice. I think that is evident in the fact that we do not have any such thing available here in the US. Not one.

You would have heard about this by now. Instead, like stated above, it's most likely a homeopathic remedy that has the potential to go well with other, waterborne treatments. Nothing more.

I know I sound like a pessimist here but it's just my outlook on ANY company that does not list its ingredients plainly and clearly on the packaging......... :idont

Its ok toothless, im sceptical too, but anything is worth a try. The fish arent really sure about them either so maybe the flakes might work better. I know it cant do anything for ich and flukes and may have limited value, but i am interested in seeing if it can do something for anything internal. We have lots of meds for treating external problems but nothing for internal like you have with medigold. I have kribs with internal bacteria so i am trying to get them to eat it which is hard so hoping the flakes may have some impact.

If nothing else then i will have said if it worked or not and maybe say a yes or a no for others thinking about trying it, guinea pig test it i suppose. :)

If you do buy it just realise it wont be as good as medigold so if you can, keep trying to get it from the states. I just got the flakes today and it looks all weird and smells funny :huh: it cant be used if you have snails in the tank.

im testing it out now on my fish so hopefully in a week i might have some results on it.

Wow - my first post here for ages... I've got to go with Sandy on this one!

Thing is with the medi-food here - it's a chance you've got to take if you want to... I've had nothing but good results with their food so I feel justified in shouting about it. Maybe it's not a miracle cure, or an anti-biotic - but in my own tests (on REAL sick fish) it's worked! Yes, I keep my water pristine and yes, I use other meds where available - but the fish got sick in that same pristine water - so what can you do.

Becuase of a load of idiots misusing antibiotics in UK fish farms, they are now banned from general sale, and very expensive to get a vet to prescribe as well - so we have to grab at what we can get.

All I'm saying is - be sceptical if you like - but don't knock it until you've tried it!

Archived