My Oranda Is Attacking My Lionheads.

Guest ElenasALH

Guest ElenasALH

I've noticed lately that my 2 inch oranda chases and tries to bite my two 1/2 inch lionheads. What is really weird is that I also have a ryukin the same size as the lionheads, but he just ignores him. Is my oranda's behavior considered normal? If not, does this mean trouble?

How does the oranda attack the lionhead? Is it head butting it and/or chasing it with his head to the other's tail? Is the lionhead a new addition?

Sometimes breeding behaviour can be very rough. ;)

Ah, yes, sounds like it is spring in the air and it is the ole boy chasing girl thing. ;) See how you go. If it gets too rough, you might need to seperate them.

Guest Osaka

When does this occur? Is it during feeding time? Mabye they are fighting for food. How big is your tank, mabye it's over crowded.

Guest ElenasALH

Oops, wrong measurement. Actually, the two lionheads are almost an inch. My oranda and lionheads are kept in a 29 gallon fish tank. The time my oranda chases them is usually at night when I am about to go to bed.

http://www.goldfishparadise.com/video/GoldfishSpawning.wmv

That is a video in the goldfish breeding section. See if it looks like what yours are doing. :)

I had added a new fish not long ago that chased every other fish in there and it did not look like breeding behavior it looked like he was being a bully. Have yours been together long?

Archived