Betta

Guest Metalhypnosis

Guest Metalhypnosis

Hey everyone,

My betta has been sitting at the bottom for a few days now i dont know what could be wrong. It looks sad or bored.. Any suggestions? It lives in a 2 gallon and will be soon put in a 5 gallon. Do Bettas like light? ok well i will find out more.. B)

Hi! :D It would help if you could post a bit more info for us so that we could help you!

What are the nitrite, nitrate, and ammonia levels?

How long has the tank been running?

How often do you do a water change and how much water do you change?

Is he eating?

What does he eat?

Hope to hear from you soon :)

I think the culprit is more likely the water quality than the betta itself being upset.

Check all the parameters, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH. If the levels are out of whack, then that is what is wrong.

How long has the tank been set up? Has it cycled yet? How old is the betta? Are his/her fins clamped? Any discolouration on the fish?

Guest Metalhypnosis

The Betta looks fine justs sits at thebottom quite often... i have a feeling that it may be the PH level. I do entire water changes every other day. i will move it to a 5 gallon and store a sponge filter. i have had it for....few weeks now. i add the stress coat to kill the chlorine in tap water... i guess i should get a test kit or something and check it out... i will let you guys know thanx.

Guest cjgirl

:D Betta's like light and warm water. I would definetly check you're water to

see if it's the prm. But I have a feeling he's cold. When you change out his water

do you do a partial and replace it with water that's been conditioned, and that has

set out for awhile. I know my employee didn't know that you could damage a betta

gills by just using straight tap water, and she doesn't keep her heat on so it gets cold. I would suggest checking the temp also. I have 4 and keep their tanks around 76-78. (Two are in community tanks with cory catfish) and the other two

are house together in a filter 10 with a tank seprator. Sapphire and Indigo are pals

am just afraid she would attack him if I didn't keep the separator up. Also you could try adding 1/4 tsp aquarium salt in. I keep low levels of salt in several of my tanks. Hope he's doing better.

cjgirl

Heym My Tex was all sad a while back and it was suggested putting a small mirror on wall of tank for a couple of hours a day so he can see himself, flare up and have a bit of exercise, it worked.

It was just a small budgie mirror you can in pet shops, i hung it on side of tank.

Good luck i hope he cheers up.

Archived