A Rainy April Night For My Goldies

Guest PenelopeFish

Guest PenelopeFish

I just read that goldfish respond to rain in very good ways. If you are trying to get your goldfish to breed, you can change a certain amount of water in their tank everyday to simulate the rainy season in their natural environment. But I also read that the SOUND of rain is beneficial to their health. Now, I agree that this sounds a little far fetched, but I decided to try a little experiment with my goldies. I bought a watering can with a nozzle that creates many streams of water when you pour from it. When I changed their water every other day, I replaced the water by pouring it out through the watering can. It was sort of like rain. At least it sounded like it. My goldies loved it! Really, they did! When they heard the "rain" coming down they swam around in the water flow and practically danced. It was really neat to watch every time. They didn't stay at the bottom like they normally do when I pour new water in. All four of them were fighting for a place in the "rain"!

PenelopeFish :heart

Guest PenelopeFish

I was sure to clean out the can thoroughly before I filled it with water for my goldies. I used the same bleach solution to clean it that I use to clean my buckets before I use them. And buying a new watering can insured that no plant fertilizers had been used in it.

PenelopeFish :heart

Archived