Please Help My Bubble Eye

Guest celestee

Guest celestee

Hi, I hope someone can help.

I have a bubble eyed goldfish and I think hes very close to death. This moring he kept getting stuck in the filter, I left home and when I came back he was floating at the top of the tank barely breathing. I moved him to a seperate container with the water from his tank and he is just lying on the bottom and it looks like hes gasping for air. He does have a small red spot on his belly, I think one of the other fish bit him

I have two other goldfish, besides the bubble eye.

They are kept in a 10 gallon tank, I change 10 percent of the water every week.

I feed them Tetra fish goldfish crisps. I dont put any medications in the tank. I dont know the exact ammonia and nitrate levels, but my friend just checked it and he said it was fine. Lately the bubble eye has been getting stuck in the filter more often, and hes had trouble swimming. Hes always had trouble eating, but I try to hand feed him as much as possible.

I hope thats enough and I hope someone can help

I dont want him to die.

-Celeste

Oh I am sorry to hear about your fish.

I will go ahead and let you know that 3 gf in a 10 gal tank is not good. They need 10 gal each to live healthy. They are messy creatures and water quality is everything to them.

I would suggest having tests on hand and test everyday or 2 with being overstocked the other fish are in danger of getting sick as well.

Archived