Devs And Heather.....

Erika

Not sure about Heather's pics-looks like Pinks and dark purple? Heres abetter pic of the fish showed wrong one! :rolleyes: I've never measured her...maybe 6-7inches???? not good with that DSCF3095.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all about genetics man... Spud is a good 30% bigger than the rest of my fry. Methinks he's a mini Moby.

Did you just take that pic of the full grown brigs? Looks like my biggest ones that I got a few months ago still have some growing left to do... oh, while I'm thinking about it, who was that seller on Aquabid that sold the snail food that yours really liked?? Not Snips and Snails, the other one?

So she sells on eBay?  Does she sell on Aquabid too?

320903[/snapback]

:blink: Duh......Ignore me,I'm going through a Migraine time...She sells on Aquabid-Have not seen her on e-Bay yet.... :rolleyes:

I can't find her on Aquabid... did you spell her name right?

320949[/snapback]

:blink: Angjo72.....oops......my head hurts....Have you seen my spelling for the last two days???? :crp

:blink: Just measured Marmalade OMG....Just about 8 inches!!!!! She only turned a year old in what? March/April????????Whoa....Like I said,"THE BEAST"!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl

GAWD!!

Well, the snails are all doing well, I saw one of the blue's "Hitchin' a Ride" on one of my purple brigs that I got awhile back. It was cute. Everybody's been behaiving, and leaving the plants alone, and the spixi has figured out how to go from one side of the tank to the other, with the divider there...... I don't know how he's doing it, and he's the only one that does it, but he regularly goes to the fish side, hangs out, and goes back......... little weirdo. :D

I freakin miss Chewy! One of the people who I sold snails to on ebay asked for pics of the parents and I got all sad looking through Chewy pics. I'm still salting my tank and I'm about to do another round of medicine though...I miss my girl!

Everyone I've been selling snails to on ebay have asked me for other colors!!! Do you have any you'd like to sell? One of my customers really wants a blue one. She's trying to breed.

That pic of the brig babies was one of my ebay auctions. There were 2 pinks and 3 purples. Those guys are super tiny and the auction went for 6 bucks! If they were bigger, I know I coulda got more. I just took my five biggest brig babies and stuck them in an auction...I'm tryin to make room.

I think we should put all of our reds together and see if they'll mate! I know my red is a boy. Maybe crossing red and red we'd get, um, red! The mom's of those pink/purple babies are brown/purple with a red dad... Can you imagine a whole clutch of red babies!

Oh, and Erika, I shipped those snails you got...if I really wanted a blue that bad, I would have stolen yours!!! :rofl I've been losing brigs left and right, I'm afraid to get more. I only have a few left. The canas are like roaches though, they never die!

:o HOLY CRAP!!!!? Yeah, I'd say that Chewy has some definite competition in getting food!!!!!? THose babes are huge!!!!! How many inches are they to the tip of their tails?? god, I remember when you got those too!

? What kind of brigs are those in Heather's pic with the reds and the penny??? Those dark ones??? They're different lookin too.? I tell ya, between Heather and Devs, there must be at least one of every kind of apple snail in existence.? :rofl

320823[/snapback]

You should see Chewy fighting for food. She'll hold on for dear life while the goldies try to tear the food up....Chewy's bouncing around, getting hit by the fish, but she never lets go! :huh:

Those babies are red x purple brig's offspring. 2 are pink, 3 are purple. I haven't seen stripes yet.

I freakin miss Chewy!? One of the people who I sold snails to on ebay asked for pics of the parents and I got all sad looking through Chewy pics.? I'm still salting my tank and I'm about to do another round of medicine though...I miss my girl!

Everyone I've been selling snails to on ebay have asked me for other colors!!!? Do you have any you'd like to sell?? One of my customers really wants a blue one.? She's trying to breed.

That pic of the brig babies was one of my ebay auctions.? There were 2 pinks and 3 purples.? Those guys are super tiny and the auction went for 6 bucks!? If they were bigger, I know I coulda got more.? I just took my five biggest brig babies and stuck them in an auction...I'm tryin to make room.?

I think we should put all of our reds together and see if they'll mate!? I know my red is a boy.? Maybe crossing red and red we'd get, um, red!? The mom's of those pink/purple babies are brown/purple with a red dad...? Can you imagine a whole clutch of red babies!?

Oh, and Erika, I shipped those snails you got...if I really wanted a blue that bad, I would have stolen yours!!! :rofl ? I've been losing brigs left and right, I'm afraid to get more.? I only have a few left.? The canas are like roaches though, they never die!

322173[/snapback]

If you're talking to me ,yeah,I'd consider selling a few. Alot of mine are still tiny,but there are all different sizes.Just not sure how many are sellable yet. You'lll have to find a moment to say hello-maybe we can look them over & talk about a "Snail Deal" or two.. :yeah:Putting all the Red Snails together may be an idea too.....hmmmm......

Ya know? I have 2 of the pinkish ones..... I thought there was only one, but lo and behold, I saw 2 last night.... am I nuts?

Maybe I'll set up a snail tank and start sellin em.... who knows, sounds kinda fun.. :blink:

It's fun at first, but when you have to start doing 100% water changes daily b/c if you don't the ammonia level will be a 5, it starts to get old. I really needed like a 55 gallon for the amount of snails I had in 2 ten gallons. I keep selling and selling and selling Chewy babies and they never seem to go away. I swear I have as many as I had months ago. It's really just that the big ones are gone, and the little ones have become the big ones. Plus Chewy's clutches produced hundreds of eggs each! At one time I had about 5 Chewy clutches and 5 brig clutches. That's a lot of eggs. I had about 400 hatchlings at once! If I continue breeding, I'm hoping to do it one clutch at a time. But really, it's becoming too much for me with all my jobs and stuff. Although, I am still interested in hooking the reds up! That could be a real money maker.

And yes, I was talking to you about selling some of your snails. It's up to you. You saw the size of the babies I sold, they're not even pea sized and they went for $6.

:D I'm sure I have something in there I can sell.I think I have a gazillion babies that are really tiny though too. :lol: I also swear that the same snail is laying all of them lately because all the babies have looked the same color in the last 6 clutches! :lol: Airwen,Do you still want a couple of Spixi's? They're still pretty small.I mailed 2 to Erika,one made it one didn't. Pm me your address if you do. ;) Ranchu,You'll be getting a few too! :lol: I'm still on my work week,so I'll let you know when they go out.

Ooh Spixis... *drool* Umm.. I might once I can finally get Paypal AND permission to get the snails. Of course then again, this morning I moved my snails into the 10 gallon, and took the pH, and it was 6.0! I freaked out and throughout the day, I've been dumping baking soda in there, so now it's like 7.6. If it refuses to stabilize like it did in the 30 gallon.. then no. If I get permission and Paypal and a normal pH, heck yes!

Mm.. Spixis. :druel

Hello?? Hello? Did I just hear my name in here!?! :rofl Thanks, Sharon! Haven't been in here for a while, so this is a surprise!

Let me know what you need, and I send it your way via paypal! :heart

Huh???? Oh yea,you heard your name! :lol: I forgot you had those" Big Mod Ears!" :rofl I'm going to see if Heather can ship them out maybe on Monday for you,What do ya think? :yeah:

Oh, yeah, Monday sounds great!! Let me know the shipping costs though, I wonna pay you for it! :please

:rolleyes: I did mention this past monday,but I guess with things going on ---being busy-we both forgot.I wanted you to grab the snails Sunday,and forgot to tell you.I don't think Andrea will mind waiting til Monday.Now you just gotta remind me because you know me on a work week! :blink::yawn:thud Don't forget the fish bag! LOL!

Archived