Willy!

Donya

I got a couple pretty good pics of him today...I have had him for about 9 months now, but it seems like I've had him for longer than that given how much he's changed.

Willy then (july 2004) at not much over 1":

b0329107.jpg

2071c65f.jpg

and...

Willy now, at 3.25"!

4d37407a.jpg

d337879b.jpg

(he can swim with his head level, but he was watching my finger near the bottom of the "photo op" critter keeper)

I don't think he'd be that pretty today were it not for me finding this wonderful board. I was really proud this evening of how bright he was, showed pics of him to my family, and they cracked up and said he looked like a zeplin lol wasn't quite the reaction I was hoping for but at least he's supposed to look like a zeplin :rolleyes: He was solid drab yellow when I got him, the first photos are when he was ~1 month old and starting to show some color change. It's amazing to me just how much these guys grow and change. It's like watching a puppy grow up, unlikethe fish that you can only find in stores as adults.

I think I'll definitely get a ranchu baby down the road.  They remind me of little beans with fins  :fishtank

:)

317290[/snapback]

XD they DO look like beans!!!

:D Donya,you have done really well! Willy has turned into an even more adorable fish. I thought he was cute as heck in the Drab yellow stage though too! :rolleyes: He has grown alot ,has that perfect little Ranchu Body,and it looks like his wen is forming well! Good job,you should be proud of Willy! ;)

Guest VxShady

When he was a baby he was sooo friggin cute! Oh my! :heart:heart:heart <makes widdle kissy faces at the widdle baby fishy> He's still cute.. but look at how tiny he was!! <points and jumps up and down> I want one!!

• 5 weeks later...

where did you get him?... was he from a specialized breeder? cause if he were to be placed in a contest his only flaw would be the tail not being too tucked in, which ALOT of breeders have often came across even with their best.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for bumping this thread up but I just love the ranchu! I still cant believe how fast GF grows! I just got a baby ranchu myself about 4.5 cm long and really hoping it'll gonna grow just as beauifully as Willy.

Ranchu's is fast becoming my favourite breed :D

Archived