One Of My Two Spixi Died.

Raith

i dont know why, so i did a autopsy of it, the body look NORMAL. except i knew one thing. the shell, it was too fragile. i think it loss a lot of calcium. well, RIP to it... its being sacrificed then buried. it has a good cause. :heart

:( Sorry to hear that your Spixi died. Are you keeping an eye on your water params? They're ususally pretty easy to keep.Most snails die of poor water conditions.

:unsure: I've read that Spixi's like to bury /sit still during the day,and come out at night,but mine always seem to be quite active.Every time I look in there,another Spixi clutch is layed. :o:lol:

Raith, maybe hes lonely.....I found a little snail in one of my tanks that didnt move(i think its a left over brig I forgot about...) and he didnt move, then I put him in wiht the canas, and hes crusing everywhere! jsut a thought <_<

I've read that Spixi's like to bury /sit still during the day,and come out at night,but mine always seem to be quite active.Every time I look in there,another Spixi clutch is layed. 

NO FAIR!! :cry :

Raith, maybe hes lonely.....I found a little snail in one of my tanks that didnt move(i think its a left over brig I forgot about...) and he didnt move, then I put him in wiht the canas, and hes crusing everywhere! jsut a thought 

i tried a lot of things, he just wont move. hes flipped on his back on the crushed corals and is not moving, i buried him in a bit in the crushed corals.... im like seriously stressing out and running out of ideas. im not experienced with snails and this is giving me a bad bad BAD experience. ill go cry alone now. :(

I hate to sound abrupt, but its never good when theyre on their backs.....

Dont cry, :hug sometimes things just happen.....

I dont know too mcuh of the spixis specific needs, but maybe try a brig or cana? see if its the species or just your water :( Hope hes ok

Archived